DIY hot tent wood stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Let's admit it , all of us want hot tenting in winter but those stoves go for very expensive , like 200 pounds+ , we can do better then that !
So here's my go to make it for under 20 pounds , anyone can make it , rest time will show as I go on multiple day trips with it.
Feedback is very welcome

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Nice to see a bit of originality moving away from the ammo box version. Well done. I also like the use of basic tools. Now.. dear santa.... an angle grinder and riveter two pans and a drill please. :)
Love this little stove.

Reactions: Gcckoka

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Nice to see a bit of originality moving away from the ammo box version. Well done. I also like the use of basic tools. Now.. dear santa.... an angle grinder and riveter two pans and a drill please. :)
Love this little stove.

Thank you , the plus which I forgot to mention this design over others is its portability , they nest in eachother and take minimum space.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Brilliant!

The only improvement idea you might want to think about is to the bottom of the legs.
( you might have already done this, maybe I just did not spot it)

Screw on a wing nut ( wings pointing towards stove, then slide on a large ( fender or repair) washer, then a nut ( wingnut?) at bottom. Position them so a piece of the rod sticks out, to a firm anchoring to the ground.

This is one of the best diy solutions I have seen!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gcckoka

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Brilliant!

The only improvement idea you might want to think about is to the bottom of the legs.
( you might have already done this, maybe I just did not spot it)

Screw on a wing nut ( wings pointing towards stove, then slide on a large ( fender or repair) washer, then a nut ( wingnut?) at bottom. Position them so a piece of the rod sticks out, to a firm anchoring to the ground.

This is one of the best diy solutions I have seen!

Thanks , means a lot to hear that from you !
I won't lie , if came out so good I was in a rush to post the video, got lazy to finish the legs and tell the most important thing that it is ultra packable and compact compared to others , for legs in thinking to glue nuts on sheet metal and put it on but when I had it out I don't know if I will do that as this way it can be pushed in to the ground and be super stable to put kettle on it and etc.
So maybe just make them longer as I will not be having a floor inside my tent ( polish lavvuu)

Reactions: Janne

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Here's an early example of the concept from 2013...
To be honest had no idea there was a video with it , I was inspired by lumberjack dk from Instagram and after getting green light from him then I made the video, he made it year or two ago.

095c8eb9f8aa.png

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE