Recommended EDUCATIONAL FILMS about the propper classical way of BUSHCRAFT and SURVIVAL

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Please let's collect in this thread educational films and videos about how to do bushcrafty things CORRECTLY.

There are so many idiotic videos in the internet, that in my opinion it is really necessary that we point out what is really worth to look at.

We should collect films here, which help the beginner to learn how to do the things propperly. Videos which show the traditional old way to do it!

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If you set a link to a video like you would do it with a traders homepage, it shows up like this.
So far I am informed there is no copy right problem with that. And the stuff you can find at YouTube for example is free to use it like that.

Usually I prefere to do completely idiotic things, but that here is an exception, Janne.

;)

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
You are asked to show films here where we see how it is correctly done.

You are asked to correct in your text faults you find in the videos.

You are asked to find and show better videos, where things are explained better.
And you can comment them as well.

Of course it is strictly forbidden to criticise me, my textes and so on.

If you find films in other languages which show enough instead of mainly verbal informations please share them here too, for example even Finish films...

:)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Droidy

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Got you, Erbstie!
Just looking on the picture in post #1, I see two problems:
1: he is using parts of living trees for his shelter. OK in a survival situation, not ok othervise.

2: then his fire....... strong guy, assembling those humungous logs!
And imagine if the large logs have a bit of resin rich parts. Nice fire then! Maybe the whole forest!
Small fire is the key to a nice time in the forest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Janne, I think he sits somewhere in Canada, isn't it? If he is the only one who comes along there in a century it should be OK to use also living wood for the shelter.

Do you really think that it is possible to light by accident an adult forest in frozen conditions if snow is on the ground?

Did somebody ever hear about forest fires in winter times?

Reactions: Droidy and Herman30

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Janne, I think he sits somewhere in Canada, isn't it? If he is the only one who comes along there in a century it should be OK to use also living wood for the shelter.

Do you really think that it is possible to light by accident an adult forest in frozen conditions if snow is on the ground?

Did somebody ever hear about forest fires in winter times?

It is a principle not to damage living trees. In a survival situation - you do everything you can to save your life. Even eat your friend! :)
I do not know if you can ignite a forest in winter. I guess if the trees are close enough?
I only know of one accidental fire wintertime, but then it was just one tree that 'got' it. The fire was lit under the overhanging fir tree branches. We thought his Alcohol bottle had caught fire first. Then ignited the tree.

But his fire is crazy. So much hard work!

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE