Wanted Olive Green Northern Ireland pack - ISSUED, not civvy version.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
I have it on good faith that there are some olive drab NI packs out there.
I forgot to return my DPM one and have found it a great bushcraft bag. However, I don't really like having camo kit, so I'd like either an olive one or a suitable alternative- suggestions welcomed.
Hope you can help out there.

IfInDoubt

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2013
Up North and Down South
Have you had a look at Marauder Kit (no affiliation),

Like you i am a big fan of the classic NI Pack and when we switched to MTP there were no issued versions available so i bought (shudder) the MTP NI pack from marauder and i am convinced that it it is made to the same spec as the issue one. They do (or used to) produce an olive green one too, just ensure it is a marauder and avoid like the plague WebTex or even worse Kombat which fall apart like wet tissue paper (just my opinion!)

Bootfox

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2019
Scotland
I have it on good faith that there are some olive drab NI packs out there.
I forgot to return my DPM one and have found it a great bushcraft bag. However, I don't really like having camo kit, so I'd like either an olive one or a suitable alternative- suggestions welcomed.
Hope you can help out there.

Keep an eye out for a berghaus munro on eBay. Its pretty much the same thing without the upper most zip pouch and no side pouches. You can obtain side pouches for it though. If I remember correctly you can get them in red, blue or olive green.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Have you had a look at Marauder Kit (no affiliation),

Like you i am a big fan of the classic NI Pack and when we switched to MTP there were no issued versions available so i bought (shudder) the MTP NI pack from marauder and i am convinced that it it is made to the same spec as the issue one. They do (or used to) produce an olive green one too, just ensure it is a marauder and avoid like the plague WebTex or even worse Kombat which fall apart like wet tissue paper (just my opinion!)

Thanks, I'll have a look. I'm wary of non-issue Bergans as they can be poorly made.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Keep an eye out for a berghaus munro on eBay. Its pretty much the same thing without the upper most zip pouch and no side pouches. You can obtain side pouches for it though. If I remember correctly you can get them in red, blue or olive green.

Thanks for your reply. I had a Munro many years ago. It's a great pack but lacks the variety of pockets that the NI has.

Reactions: Bootfox

Bootfox

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2019
Scotland
Thanks, I'll have a look. I'm wary of non-issue Bergans as they can be poorly made.

Non issue brands that are alright for Bergman’s are Bergaus, Karrimor SF (not karrimor like sports direct, SF is a seperate company).
Tasmanian Tiger do some decent Bergans, but expensive so check ebay.

Thanks for your reply. I had a Munro many years ago. It's a great pack but lacks the variety of pockets that the NI has.

Yea seen, ironically lads would cut the extra pouches off for a more munro style.

Here’s the side pouches for munro, I’m sure you can get them in green too, but this place only has red or blue.
http://www.endicotts.co.uk/content/berghaus-side-pouch-teal

I got a pair of green ones on eBay about a year ago. So there are some kicking about.

Bootfox

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2019
Scotland
You can find modified Munro’s on eBay with Molle or extra pouches sewn on. But they tend to hold value and go for the same price as a brand new munro or more!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE