Nature and technology problems

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I wander which pocket the birds kept their mobile phones in? :) must have been a fun job teaching them to text! :) :) :)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not as far but we used to hear of Scottish highlands and islands eagles dropping over the border to check the lakes out for the day. Personally I've always thought of eagles outside of breeding times as a roaming bird. Of course I'm only thinking of UK eagles which are as close to home bodies as eagles get I reckon. Mind you wasn't there reports of Scandinavian eagles popping over to Scotland to breed once?

Reactions: Toddy

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not as far but we used to hear of Scottish highlands and islands eagles dropping over the border to check the lakes out for the day. Personally I've always thought of eagles outside of breeding times as a roaming bird. Of course I'm only thinking of UK eagles which are as close to home bodies as eagles get I reckon. Mind you wasn't there reports of Scandinavian eagles popping over to Scotland to breed once?
While I was still stationed in England (1985 - 1989) the BBC reported a US Bald Eagle found in bad shape in Scotland. They rehabilitated it and the RAF put it on a flight home.

As for “mating season,” most species in North America mate for life.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Hundreds of banded Bald Eagles fly from the New England states (New York, New Hampshire, etc)
all the way across North America to feast on spawned out Pacific salmon in the Pacific Northwest.
I believe they fly back for breeding.

If Scottish eagles wander south for a look and a snack, so be it.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Scandinavian eagles popping over to Scotland to breed once?

So that is where the Vikings got it from!!!!
They followed the Eagles!

I am always stunned how far birds fly, and the incredible precision of their navigation.

Here, we get quite a few Swallows coming over from and to North America ( I assume).

I have seen many just sit and die, completely exhausted.

bearbait

I like to watch the Ravens when I'm out in the mountains. They seem to fly just for the pure pleasure of it, piling in to updrafts, skirting the edge of escarpments and flipping themselves upside down. I watched one the other day who called out each time he / she flipped upside down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE