Arktis coat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Tap Arktis in the search box? I tried it, lots of stuff there to read. They’re generally well regarded, though I’ve not owned one.

Reactions: Mark Baigent

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Overpriced and undoubtedly not waterproof (what is?) Get yourself a cheapo version with all the pockets (and then some) and the same material, ok you may have to be handy with a needle and thread, because it will not be finished well, but it will last at least as long as the high tech spec version and be comfortable enough if you wear a wooly pully underneath.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Very good quality smock, Arktis are generally regarded as top notch. There are cheaper clones which also have the waterproof drop liner, I've not used any of those to comment on their quality. Actually the army now issue a version of their smock in MTP Camp (if you don't mind that) which also has the waterproof drop liner inside, and which is a good quality. Some on Ebay, e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-...252706?hash=item4699cff222:g:FEUAAOSwIVxdMF9E

Woody110

Mod
Mod
Mar 8, 2009
Leeds, Yorkshire
That looks great. My skill set does not stretch that fat or even close.
I just got a machine and made a few things, made some mistakes to lean and took my time with the jacket, the hardest bit was to ensure it was sewn in the right order, not wanting to have to many seems.
You’ll be surprised with what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
The b310 is excellent and is actually waterproof properly due to the drop liner inside.

My drop liner failed around the neck area after many years so I cut it all out to make a b110 and I just wear the arktis water proof layer under it now.

Great coat. Quiet aswell

Bootfox

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2019
Scotland
Hi all

Does anyone have any experience or comments, thoughts about this coat?

https://www.arktisoutdoor.co.uk/col.../products/b310-waterproof-combat-smock-coyote

ATB
Mark

I used to love Arktis kit, I have had a few things from them since 2007 ish? Really good, loved it.

But they mugged me off when I voiced displeasure at them selling out to make ridiculous, vulgar clothing with Fred Perry. (deleting negative but constructive comments should really be false advertising right?) There was a few of us commenting on it and they all got deleted.
That stuff looked utter gash and was completely not what one would expect from a military/adventure company.

Not to mention the use of models wearing skinny jean type cut of their trousers and smocks that are too small, to “look good”.

They seem to be selling out hard and forgetting their roots. So I have absolutely zero interest in buying their kit brand new.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I used to love Arktis kit, I have had a few things from them since 2007 ish? Really good, loved it.

But they mugged me off when I voiced displeasure at them selling out to make ridiculous, vulgar clothing with Fred Perry. (deleting negative but constructive comments should really be false advertising right?) There was a few of us commenting on it and they all got deleted.
That stuff looked utter gash and was completely not what one would expect from a military/adventure company.

Not to mention the use of models wearing skinny jean type cut of their trousers and smocks that are too small, to “look good”.

They seem to be selling out hard and forgetting their roots. So I have absolutely zero interest in buying their kit brand new.

In fairness they've gotta make a buck. The co-venture did nothing for me when my wife brought me to a FP shop to show me, eternally trying for me to dress smarter. What they should have been slagged of for was some of those jackets they made as ARK Air. They made jackets with maps on!

Reactions: Bootfox

Bootfox

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2019
Scotland
In fairness they've gotta make a buck. The co-venture did nothing for me when my wife brought me to a FP shop to show me, eternally trying for me to dress smarter. What they should have been slagged of for was some of those jackets they made as ARK Air. They made jackets with maps on!

They make a buck by marketing to outdoor brands, or similar companies. Not some posing, over expensive, ridiculous brand name with a very tedious and weak link to tennis.

And if that’s the route they want to go, they shouldn’t get a sad on when their original customer base doesn’t like it, and offer constructive criticism, even just a simple explanation rather than outright deleting comments because it doesn’t suit them.

Those map jackets I weren’t sure on, but at least they tried, and it had relevancy to the outdoor/adventure market.

Reactions: SCOMAN

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE