Wanted winter equipment : puukko, 18650 headlamp, inverted canister stove, tipi shelter, bivy...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
Hi people,
I’m going to need some winter equipment i don’t have for the moment as I’m going to spend the winter in the Swedish woods and I’m not yet totally equipped with everything i would like to have.

So basically I’m looking for a puukko with a high grind, between 9.5 and 15 cm, i don’t mind about the style and condition but I’m looking for something not expensive as it’ll be hardly used.
I’m also going to need an extra headlamp so I’m looking for one, working (and sold) with a 18650 battery, preferably rechargeable directly with a cable and not a separate charging station, but i can manage without the direct usb thing.
A small and relatively lightweight inverted canister stove would be welcome also as well as a large and lightweight bivy, something like a snugpack special force bivy in xl or any other good and light bivy that can accommodate a large winter sleeping kit.
also if someone has for sale some silnylon or silpoly tipi shelter that would be perfect.

optional but probably welcome, (mainly depending on my available budget at the moment) : some winter synthetic mitts, a winter down bag, sunglasses etc...

If have such things for sale, I’ll be interested !
Thanks in advance

edit : spelling, its not easy on a phone

Last edited:
Reactions: plastic-ninja

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
I’m already there, living near Stora Blåsjon currently, fantastic landscapes around !
I think I’ll be staying until spring, i won’t spend all that time in the forest but I should have several free days in a raw quite often and i intend to make the most out of it.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Fantastic! I had to look it up. Yes, beautiful nature there . Northern Jamtland. You are a lucky guy!

No chance of you getting stuff from a Swedish internet selling site? Might be more suitable climatewise.

I read there is a Moose farm close to you.
AAaaahhhhhhh, dried Moose meat... nice!

Son will bring some Moose and Reindeer from Norway, we like to make our own Biltong. Tastes so much better than a Cow!

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
Quite (very) happy with where i ended up indeed, i arrived a little bit too late to really see the ruska in all it’s beauty but the beginning of the winter is splendid too in the mountains.
Thing is that swedish equipment is pricey and usually heavy, and no stores at all in the area. So I’m trying my chance for second hand stuff, shipping price are not too expensive for what i have seen, hopefully I’ll find some interesting things.

I have tasted moose before seeing my first one... But it makes some nice billtong indeed ! Didn’t know about the moose farm though, I’ll check that and will maybe make my own too then.

Reactions: Janne

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
still not the most weight optimized stuff we can find, but the quality is often great.
And more affordable than norwegian stuff indeed.
Tack I’ll check that !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE