EDC pouch - medics pouch?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I've got a couple of similar pouches but hardly use them as everything seems to rub and scratch when closed. Looking at the pic in the link posted that phone screen is going to get badly scratched if you close the pouch up.

Reactions: Bishop

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
I don't like these things. I had one once and it detached itself, lost my phone, keys, knife, etc etc. Had to go through all the hassle of changing online passwords and so on. Admittedly my own stupidity, but none the less, since that experience I have distributed my stuff in my jacket/trouser pockets, keys on a lanyard.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Personally I tend to favour the slightly larger pouches that only open at the top in conjunction with a suitably sized Snaplock/Tupperware container to protect things like cellphone, spare batteries & glasses. But that's just me packing my fears.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I do tend to put my phone in a reusable ziploc food bag if it's packed away, That offers a bit of lightweight protection and keeps it splash proof as I often go to the beach.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I am not the worlds best leatherworker but I have made a handy pouch for my phone, and a spare powerpack. I have also made a double pouch for bushcraft items, and another one for my wallet and this and that. There is no reason why you cannot go the full molle with your leatherwork either and make them compatible. I have done that with a water bottle pouch, specially made for my Swiss Army Canteen and cup.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I realy like the Helikon Urban admin pouch as you can take the storage slip out

They also make a small medic pouch too

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I've been carrying a lifeventure pouch for years. It holds my passport, cards. phone money and other edc stuff. It is not a clamshell, but has an all round zip with an net arrangement that allows full access without everything falling out. It can be worn with a neck strap or on a belt but it is just the right size to fit in the pockets of my craghoppers. They brought out an improved model soon after I bought mine, but now I need to replace it, I find both models are no longer available. I am following this thread in the hope that one of the recommendations turns up something.

So thank you, steveparry for starting the thread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE