Withdrawn Hilleberg tarp 10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I am putting up for sale a hilleberg tarp 10 UL
It has been used ,it is in good condition. Well looked after .

I would like 135 pounds posted which includes fees///price DROP to 130 pounds///_PRICE DROP to 120 pounds////
20190502_173232.jpg

Last edited:

Clickhappy

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2016
Coventry
I'm in the market for a tarp and have been considering the DD 3x3 and "superlight" version of similar size.

These are obviously much cheaper than yours but I feel yours must be better I just don't really know in what way.

Size and weight seem similar, can you offer some advice?

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I'm in the market for a tarp and have been considering the DD 3x3 and "superlight" version of similar size.

These are obviously much cheaper than yours but I feel yours must be better I just don't really know in what way.

Size and weight seem similar, can you offer some advice?

I have sent you a pm with my thoughts on the differences with thehilleberg tarp. Let me know if you have anymore questions

Last edited:

Burrrt

Jun 6, 2019
France
Hi,
Would like to know a bit more about the tarp if possible? Just wondering how much it's been used? Much sun exposure? Any damage to speak of? I know it's hard but how would you rate it out of 10 in terms of condition?
Sorry for all the questions. And thanks in advance
Leon

Reactions: salad

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Hi,
Would like to know a bit more about the tarp if possible? Just wondering how much it's been used? Much sun exposure? Any damage to speak of? I know it's hard but how would you rate it out of 10 in terms of condition?
Sorry for all the questions. And thanks in advance
Leon

Just dropped you a pm

But for any others with the same questions.

Sun exposure is minimal as I tend to set it up when weather is looking dodgy. Mostly just use a bivi in good weather .
There is no damage or repairs .
I have used it a fair bit over the last couple of years although to look at you would not really notice this as hillebergs stuff just keeps going and going.
Out of 10 I would give it an 8 . I dropped the 2 points as it smells a bit from camp fire.

Last edited:

Bob-a-job

Sep 19, 2019
Purley, Surrey
Good luck, I use an XP10 and can totally recommend the Hillebergtarps. The cut they have make them very easy to set up taught. Great pricing too this one.

Hey Ruud,

I’m looking to modify the Hilleberg Tarp XP10 with a some more attachment points midway between the centre-point and the long(3.5m) and/or short(2.9m) edges, and possibly some underside mosquito net/guy-line stowage loops.

All in an effort to provide some added flexibility and functionality, particularly in tarp-tent ground based set-ups. Something akin to DD Hammock’s 3x3 Pro tarp.

Be grateful for your advice, experiences and especially your thoughts about such modifications to the XP10?

All the best mate.

Bobby

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
Hey Ruud,

I’m looking to modify the Hilleberg Tarp XP10 with a some more attachment points midway between the centre-point and the long(3.5m) and/or short(2.9m) edges, and possibly some underside mosquito net/guy-line stowage loops.

All in an effort to provide some added flexibility and functionality, particularly in tarp-tent ground based set-ups. Something akin to DD Hammock’s 3x3 Pro tarp.

Be grateful for your advice, experiences and especially your thoughts about such modifications to the XP10?

All the best mate.

Bobby

Hi Bobby

I have not seen the need to modify the XP10 thus far, but if you want to create some extra attachment points on your tarp, without destroying it, you might want to check out these clips: https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/652-Clingons-Mini/ .

I think you might use these clips also as points to hang your mosquito-net.

I use a triangular mosquito net which I hang on a ridgeline (a separate length of cordage).

Hope this helps, greetings
Ruud

Bob-a-job

Sep 19, 2019
Purley, Surrey
Hi Bobby

I have not seen the need to modify the XP10 thus far, but if you want to create some extra attachment points on your tarp, without destroying it, you might want to check out these clips: https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/652-Clingons-Mini/ .

I think you might use these clips also as points to hang your mosquito-net.

I use a triangular mosquito net which I hang on a ridgeline (a separate length of cordage).

Hope this helps, greetings
Ruud

Hey Ruud,

Thanks for sharing the link to the Clingon mini. Looks like they come in various sizes.

Wonder if you’ve(or anyone else) had experience of using these Clipon/Clingon removable eyelets in your set-ups? Are these capable of withstanding a prolonged buffeting by the elements?

Also note that the instructional pics. and videos I’ve seen on t’internet show them being used on the edges of tarps. I’d be a bit wary of clipping these to the centre/middle of the tarp unless I could be sure they wouldn’t stress the tarp fabric excessively, by creating a weak point and compromising the tarp’s weatherproofing.

I do use ridge-lines, but i’d like to explore alternative tarp-tent set-ups especially for more exposed locations where limbs, trees, tarp or trekking poles etc. aren’t at hand.

I do like the number of central and edge attachment points, eyelets, male/female press-studs of the DD 3x3 Pro tarp. Although I’d need greater coverage.

Much obliged.

Bobby

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE