On electric fences

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Contacted a live wire with the back of my neck. Didn't like that much. No signs and it looked like it was fixed around a tree. High up above a retained bank and obviously aimed at stopping kids escaping the campsite into the field. Didn't work too well but kids often got caught out once before they got a work around. Almost 40 years ago.

Reactions: British Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Contacted a live wire with the back of my neck. Didn't like that much. No signs and it looked like it was fixed around a tree. High up above a retained bank and obviously aimed at stopping kids escaping the campsite into the field. Didn't work too well but kids often got caught out once before they got a work around. Almost 40 years ago.
You wouldn't (and shouldn't) get away with that now! Signs are mandatory in public access areas

bearbait

My terrier once sniffed at the new chickens through an electric fence net and was unpleasantly surprised. The chickens went on to become full-monty free-range after a couple of weeks and roamed freely everywhere, even in the house on occasion.

The terrier used to chase pheasants when they wandered into his domain, but I don't think that he ever even looked at a chicken again in all his years.

Reactions: British Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE