Just a simple seafarer but....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
" An orange weather warning has been issued for parts of the Republic of Ireland as ex-Hurricane Lorenzo makes its way west."

West............from the Azores to Ireland...Strange last time I sailed past the Azores they were in about 28 Degrees 11 minutes something West, and South-West Ireland about 5 to 10 Degrees West... I do wish people would stop shuffling islands about..very confusing for simple souls like me...:O_O:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-eu...news/world&link_location=live-reporting-story

Why you can trust BBC News...You know it makes sense...:D

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I worry about the inability to be accurate, or even a reasonable facsimile of such, in basic skills. Like Geography ! :rolleyes: Dates, names, events, and science too.

Thing is, if it's online, then it has to be believable....right ? :mad:

Reactions: santaman2000

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
I don't own a television, I very rarely listen to the radio and I haven't read a newspaper since the Daily Sketch announced the remarriage of Elisabeth Taylor and Richard Burton...

i use the lap top primarily because my grown kids haven't mastered the art of pen and ink and living in the Boondocks means there's no mobile 'phone signal...And what a shame that is...:laugh:... So on the odd occasion when I do see any news it is on BBC Internet.

I shouldn't comment really I suppose as I don't pay a licence fee, but for an organisation that was once respected for it's accuracy and impartiality it now seems to be about as believable as Enid Blyton and is in the clammy limp grip of Snowflakes. :laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: Janne

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The broadcast news might make sense but that doesn't mean that I believe it.
The British Broadcorping Castration still looks better from here than the flood of falsies that I can read.
Nobody does a good job anymore of hiding the spin. Just vomit = good enough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE