Bury or burn?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
50+ ? Plus a bunch of b&b's and hotels.
When we moved to England the standard was still a carpet in the bathroom......

The hotels I have stayed in the last 10 years, I think one or two had a bidet in the bathroom.
In the US, they are virtually unknown too. In hotels that is, I have never visited a home.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Going a bit Clinical here, but if you reach a certain age, and get a couple of "H's " ( you know what I mean) a bidet is fantastic.

Our house here, we designed in the plumbing for a bidet in both upstairs bathrooms, but never installed as we could not get them here. Hot and cold water, plus the sewage pipe. All hidden under the wall and floor tiles.
Two years ago I shipped two bidets in. Plumber had never seen one.
He thought they were foot baths.

I have always asked myself how the Roman armies did the toilet business. Huge armies, in temporary camps = hygiene is important.
Covered trenches?

I might sound fixated on the toilet business, but for me hygiene has always been super important. Even more so after a bout of 'd' while trekking the mountains in Sweden/Norway. And running out of loo paper a couple of days later.....

What to do with a bit of plastic waste is an issue of zero importance then. I rather dig down a wet wipe ( plastic fiber) than risk another bout.

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
I bring home whatever I take with me out and more often than not, even more than that.
I lack the proper facilities to dispose of my waste in such a way, that places the least amount of stress on that place we call home.
But I begin with avoiding creating waste as much as possible to begin with. Anything prepackaged is avoided as much as possible. And what I bring with me out there is carried in reusable containers. So mostly it is ashes and coffee grounds I leave behind.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE