Making Mead

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I am definately doing this now! I've refined my rhubarb gin and sloe gin. Best to add mead eh.....!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Janne

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I'm not sure a few raisins would mean you have to call in a melomel. I've used a squeeze of lemon juice and a glug of cold tea in mine, I doubt I need to call it a tea and lemon methegling-melomel! You could use yeast nutrient if you wish.

I've got a bit of honey left over from out bees too, well, a few hundred jars, so plan to make a lot of meads, metheglins and melomels this year.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I'm not sure a few raisins would mean you have to call in a melomel. I've used a squeeze of lemon juice and a glug of cold tea in mine, I doubt I need to call it a tea and lemon methegling-melomel! You could use yeast nutrient if you wish.

I've got a bit of honey left over from out bees too, well, a few hundred jars, so plan to make a lot of meads, metheglins and melomels this year.
yeah I'm experimenting aswell but as you can tell I'm not really into being accurate with names and alike lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE