Enamel Cup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Years ago, well I bet most of us have used an enamel mug in the past. They were common place at one time, I was gifted a Falcon enamel cup and I’ve used it all year so far, I love it. It’s so nice to drink from, hot drinks, cold drinks it’s great. I find it’s particularly nice to drink water from for some reason I cannot fathom. I like it that much I’ve hardly used my old much used and loved 58 pattern mug. I’am now spoilt lol
What was thinking is there a water bottle that any of you learned clever folks would know of that could possibly nest inside the Falcon mug/cup? Stainless would be ok but and an enamel bottle would be even better perhaps?

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I know numerous military’s used enamel canteens and bottle at various times, Great Britain, the Dutch, the USA, all issued them back in the day. And perhaps more too I guess.

Last edited:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Can't guarantee this will work for the Falcon but did get a similar size 8cm plain stainless steel cup onto a generic 1.5L aluminium bottle (MilliCamp/Regatta/Sigg etc) after sanding the paint off the bottle. The fit however was very close, water droplets created almost a vacuum seal and even the smallest amount of food debris would stick solid requiring a bit of grunt to release.

Reactions: CLEM

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Can't guarantee this will work for the Falcon but did get a similar size 8cm plain stainless steel cup onto a generic 1.5L aluminium bottle (MilliCamp/Regatta/Sigg etc) after sanding the paint off the bottle. The fit however was very close, water droplets created almost a vacuum seal and even the smallest amount of food debris would stick solid requiring a bit of grunt to release.
Thanks Bishop mate, much appreciated
I had a thought about the bottle from the Swiss Volcano Stove set up, but I think there aluminium which I prefer to avoid if possible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE