Multi-tool ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
morning, I know that there not great, but a work mate asked me lastnight to find out if the ''Camillus Les Stroud SK Engage Ultimate Survival Multi Tool'' is a U.K Legal carry item.
Any information welcomed.
cheers

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
You had one of these last year, did you not?

You are in a better position to tell, by looking at your tool. Does the blade have a lock? If no lock, can the blade fold closed without additional manipulation, or do you have to split the handles apart first?

If it locks, you know he needs a reason.
If it doesn't lock, but cannot be folded without opening the handles, well, technically, letter of the law, that isn't folding and he should still have a reason, but may not be picked up on it. Same as Leatherman Micra tool. Doesn't lock, but doesn't readily fold all the way closed.

Its going to be one of the two.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’d tell him it’s definitely highly illegal and the police are on the lookout for them, as well they should be. They should be illegal for being a misleading pile of rubbish and you’ll save him throwing his money down the drain.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
A lot of people do not know that this venerable old US company, known for high quality manufacturing, went bust some years ago, the name was bought up and the majority of production is now in low cost Asian countries.
Same business models is quite common in the watch world.
Some Camillus knifes are still US made, which is reflected in the price.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Mine's in my knife cabinet for collection purposes and I've looked but there's no blade spec's on the packaging, So I don't really want to open it just to measure the Blade, that's why I wanted to know it's length?.
ta though

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Mine's in my knife cabinet for collection purposes and I've looked but there's no blade spec's on the packaging, So I don't really want to open it just to measure the Blade, that's why I wanted to know it's length?.
ta though

Multitool.org suggests it’s a 4 inch blade with only 2 inches cutting length, or something, and it’s not really a collectors piece. I found this out by google. ;)

Here:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=52263.0

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=51479.0

Edit: My mistake, the tool itself is 4” long, but the knife blade is only 2” and blunt ragged from new apparently. Whether it locks or not I haven’t managed to find out, but all the sirens and bells ringing about this multitool say it’s best avoided. Also note that the screwdrivers are offset to the parallel of the tool so they can’t be used to spin a screw, more like a wrench, and the can opener is positioned to the right hand side of a very wide multitool making it almost impossible to “engage” the can because the bulk of the tool is in the way. Off topic for legality I know, but I’d sooner cut the blade off a Gerber Suspension and attach a tiny SAK to the lanyard hole.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE