Conversations with a salesman....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
I went into a carpet and curtains/blinds shop today.......

" Can I help you sir?"...salesman, early 20's
" Just looking for ideas really, carpets and Venetian blinds"
" What size is the room Sir?"
" It will be In old measurements, I'm not that familiar with Metric "....

Pitying little smirk and He gets a little computer thing out, I Pad? Tablet, is it? Starts poking it.

" It's the sitting room, 10 feet 4 wide.....one end, 10..7 the other end "

Looks at me..."Did you measure it sir?"
"Yes, and it's 12 feet 9 long.....one side...12..6 the other side where the doorway is "

He starts looking around the shop as if seeking help....

" I see...you mentioned Venetian blinds sir, we do them with natural wood slats, plastic or a stiff fabric material, Window size?"

" 41 and a half by 52 inches high....on one side, the other side it's 50 inches"
" And how many windows Sir?"
" Two, the other one is 38 by 48 high"

He's starting to look furtive now...
" Is this in the same room sir?"

"Yes"
" Can I ask, what sort of house is it, Sir?"
" It used to be a Stable"....

" Have you looked at our rugs at all sir?"

pieinthesky

Forager
Jun 29, 2014
Northants
I bought a tablet in Currys a few weeks back and paid in cash - I handed over £200 in £20 notes.

The young shop assistant took the cash and just stared at it for a while, wondering what was up, I assured him they were not forgeries.

Eventually he started to count them out, several notes in and he gave up and started again!

After three failed attempts he called one of his colleagues to take over. His (older) colleague stepped in without a word, as if it happened every day!!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Ha ha roll on the revolution! Us oldies will finaly have the upper hand! I was nutting today. Two young girls walked past and asked what I was doing. The nuts were so thick on the ground it was like being on roller skates... they hadn't noticed.
They then asked me what I was going to do with them. Eat them I replied.
I wouldn't eat anything picked up from the ground she replied.
Duh!

Reactions: Herman30

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
I suspect that in his short sales career he had yet to encounter wonky rooms and windows, and his attempts to convert my measurements in feet and inches by poking the Gizmo that he desperately clutched probably made things even more confusing....:D

Reactions: Woody girl

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
If you go back, tell the sales person that the blinds have to fit on a triple glazed window, about 3/4 inch thick.
And that you have pocket doors so the carpet need to be compensated for that.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
If you go back, tell the sales person that the blinds have to fit on a triple glazed window, about 3/4 inch thick.
And that you have pocket doors so the carpet need to be compensated for that.
Triple glazed, 3/4"? Over here double glazed units are about 27mm or about 1 1/8" thick and Ive recently put some triple glazed windows and doors into an eco room and they were a hell of a lot thicker than that.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I do not have a clue, I just threw out a figure.

I have never measured any windows.

The sales person will not have a clue either. But I am sure you got the meaning of what I wrote?
To joke with him by providing info which is totally not needed?
:)

Reactions: Winnet

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Ha ha roll on the revolution! Us oldies will finaly have the upper hand! I was nutting today. Two young girls walked past and asked what I was doing. The nuts were so thick on the ground it was like being on roller skates... they hadn't noticed.
They then asked me what I was going to do with them. Eat them I replied.
I wouldn't eat anything picked up from the ground she replied.
Duh!

My sister once drove past me picking hazel nuts out of a hedge. She stopped and the conversation went a bit like:

'What the hell are you up to now?' o_O
'Nutting' I replied
'Well you're obviously up to something' :shifty:
'Yeah nutting'
'Fine, don't tell me then!' :mad:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE