What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Finaly after about 10 years of searching every second hand bookshop I've ever come across I've managed to replace my Rodger Philips mushroom book.
Not a hardback this time but that realy doesn't matter.
I'm realy realy happy:joyful:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Finaly after about 10 years of searching every second hand bookshop I've ever come across I've managed to replace my Rodger Philips mushroom book.
Not a hardback this time but that realy doesn't matter.
I'm realy realy happy:joyful:

My bookshop hardback has a West Sussex County Library sticker just on the inside page with the date stamps of lends. I thought it was probably a stolen version, but there’s a page ripped out. The page with the Liberty Cap magic mushroom :D

Reactions: Woody girl

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
My bookshop hardback has a West Sussex County Library sticker just on the inside page with the date stamps of lends. I thought it was probably a stolen version, but there’s a page ripped out. The page with the Liberty Cap magic mushroom :D

I've got quite a few books that used to belong to libraries.

At first, I bought them direct from the library in the town where I lived; there was a rule that any book that had not been lent out for a certain period of time was withdrawn, stamped as such on the page with the date stamps, and sold at the annual book sale.

Since then, I've bought quite a few from second-hand sellers on the Intarwebs; usually there is a stamp either on a page near the front or the back, or across the edges of the book.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hmmm. Wonder why that page in particular? :)

It was the only decent reference pic back then I suppose, no internet or pics, though they’re hardly difficult to ident.

As you can see, I’ve been in the lab creating my own giant mushrooms. :)

9-BA5-B07-D-2-CC5-48-CA-A2-C9-2721820-B5047.jpg

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Boreal Ninja climbing shoes, size 9 sweet jesus there tight! So glad I did not go a half size down from my street size as some think you should, but they do make me feel I could get grip on fresh air itself :D

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Great boots!
Thank you for the link.
They remind me of the leather boots which were a part of the farmers daily dress.

Out of topic: would you have a link to the 2017 movie Okänd Soldat?
Been searching fruitlessly since release.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
A new petzl headtorch. I didn't intend to buy it but it looked so neat and has a much better spec than the one I've got which is years old. Had to be done.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Great boots!
Thank you for the link.
They remind me of the leather boots which were a part of the farmers daily dress.

Out of topic: would you have a link to the 2017 movie Okänd Soldat?
Been searching fruitlessly since release.

If you mean the 2017 film "Tuntematon sotilas" directed by Aku Louhimies, I think I have a copy of the DVD... I'll dig it out.

Reactions: Janne

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Picked up a north face tempest gortex jacket at the local charity shop for £3.50! It's a steal!
Needs a wash and iron to reset the waterproofing but it's otherwise in excellent as new condition.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE