CARGO Shorts ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Morning, Anyone know where I can buy some quality Cargo Shorts in ''GREEN'' preferable Not the vintage style/type,meaning the 1's with the pocket cover over the front top upper pockets, Not to bothered about the Brand/make as long as there tidy, hard wearing & have at least 6 pockets and are under £45 with postage.
Links would be a great help.
cheer's

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Last edited:

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Just to back up Nitrambur, Military 1st are great, and BDU kit is very good. Teesar and MilTec for a ripstop preference, Propper or Rothco for twill.

I basically live in this stuff in the summer and only avoid being sent to a combat zone by wearing a pink tshirt and yellow Converse .. that and an obvious bearing of feckless ineptitude

Oh, and a thought .. go look at Barents Pro shorts. They are over your budget but they have loads of pockets including a knife pocket and a brilliant stretchy phone pocket. Also, they are indestructible and will outlast you. At the moment, the solid-colour options are sand, grey and laurel, otherwise they are two-tone

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Horse Dave

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The Fjällräven shorts you have are from which year?

The convertible Trousers my brother bought from Fjälräven in 2017 did last only one year before they fell in pieces.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Erbswurst ... I have a few pairs. Single colour Barents Pro from c. 2007 (Tarmac ones and Dark Olive ones). Sand ones bought in 2013 and again in 2018. Laurel ones I got this year.

Also got a couple of old pairs of Karls, but they are much, much lighter in weight and less pockety. I haven't had a proper look at the Greenlands yet, but may add them to the pile sometime ... green.

The Barents Pro full length trousers are great, but I don't wear them much ... preferring shorts and leggings (and/or gaiters) summer and winter

I don't know the Fjallraven convertibles, but can't imagine buying them myself. The Barents and the Vidda ranges can be used to safely transport nuclear waste. Well, at any rate, they are double layered where they need to be, and still dry quickly. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
My brother bought the Karl trousers convertible. In two different colours, both where rubbish.
I bought the Pinewood Sahara.
Ultralight rubbish too, after 6 weeks they fell apart.
I kill Solognac Steppe 300 trousers and the Solognac shorts also in 6 to 12 month, but they cost round about 10% or 20% of the Fjällräven or Pinewood stuff...

But perhaps it really depends on the weight of the trousers and shorts.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I think it does, Erbs .. the Karls are like summer slacks for the beach, and a credit card. Can swim in them if you have to. Light day hiking at best ... definitely won't survive a campsite for long:)

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE