Made some unique stuff , mammoth etc.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Hello everyone , been quite busy making stuff , upgrading my game , your feedback is much needed and upreciated
Polished blades are made by me , handles are desert ironwood , mammoth tusk , mammoth molar , reindeer antler, all leather is one of the best that I get from UK :)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Great, great job, all of them! Fantastic materials, well executed!

Just wondering: All those knives have a very clear Scandinavian and Finnish DNA.
Your traditional local knives, how are they?

Reactions: Gcckoka

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Thank you very much my friends , much appreciate it !

Great, great job, all of them! Fantastic materials, well executed!

Just wondering: All those knives have a very clear Scandinavian and Finnish DNA.
Your traditional local knives, how are they?
Well to put my work next to theirs is wrong , as they are on whole another level , here are some modern knives , all made by different makers, mostly decorations and expensive metals are used to decorate, Georgian swords always where one of the best as we always where in wars, so all of these look pretty but are as good in performance as they look if not better

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Beautiful knives those too!

I was more reflecting on the shape of the blade and hNdle.
The workmanship on your creations are just as good as on those you posted last, IMO.

Yeah you can probably see the shape that is popular , all of them are different makers and as you see all of them are almost same type blades , decorations and engraving is what gets people turned on here and add value , I'm starting to be a blacksmith instead of doing stock removal so will see how that goes...
But I'm kinda being tared in two cant decide what will be better for me and better for business , make many knives that are of course great fit anf finish but easier styles , or make expensive one off knives with very hard to make handles , blades , fit and finish and etc

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I think you should do a bit of both if you can.

The Georgian knives are skillfull but far too ornate for my austere tastes.

Interesting materials.

I still have your Khantsi. (Currently in Newquay Museums `Life before Plastic` exhibit.) Is there much hornwork in your country other than Khantsis? I recently picked up a US book on hornworking....its very regional, being more doing stuff simply with lots of materials than complex things with little material as GB hornwork can be.

(I say `can` as not all of it is. The collection I saw in the Highland Folk museum was 80% cups and spoons...which means some moulding but not anything complex.)

Reactions: Gcckoka

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I think you should do a bit of both if you can.

The Georgian knives are skillfull but far too ornate for my austere tastes.

Interesting materials.

I still have your Khantsi. (Currently in Newquay Museums `Life before Plastic` exhibit.) Is there much hornwork in your country other than Khantsis? I recently picked up a US book on hornworking....its very regional, being more doing stuff simply with lots of materials than complex things with little material as GB hornwork can be.

(I say `can` as not all of it is. The collection I saw in the Highland Folk museum was 80% cups and spoons...which means some moulding but not anything complex.)

Thank you ! the khantsi is definitely the most popular , theres at least one in almost any house, such popular items dont come in my made by horn , maybe I can't remember

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE