Best Photo Hosting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Flickr or Imagur?

Been lazy with pics after the Photobucket failure...Need to get back into the habit

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
I’ve been using Flickr for some years. Apart from the occasional glitch, it has worked well. Dunno if things will change much in the coming years as it has changed hands in the last year or so, but doesn’t seem too bothersome yet. Just be careful regarding privacy etc policies (as with all ‘free’ services), and don’t openly post anything really exceptional unless in a very low res as I still think that people and companies steal images from there for their own use.

Cheers. Bob

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I have Flikr. Easy to link pictures to posts, but they recently introduced a 1000 picture limit, irrespective of image size. Having moved a load of photos over from PB and re-linked them in various forum posts, I find that I don't have all that many "free" photo slots left. Not enough to use my account as is for another big expedition post. Currently combatting this by creating collages, where I once would have uploaded 4 photos and posted them individually to a thread, I now do a paste up and upload a single image that includes all the shots I want to show. Probably not a problem for some time when you start using them.

Sadly, I think that it is largely a coin toss. Flikr cut its storage in the last year and folk that had over 1000 images were in a bit of a mess, unless they paid. Imagur had/has? a statement that they didn't want images linked to third party sites, which is the same language PB used when they wrecked the forums.

Any free service, when it gets big enough, over time, could change its rules and leave people in the lurch. That is just the gamble you take with all of them.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Yes, the Flickr 1000 picture limit is a bit of a bother, but as the accounts are free, its no bother to open another, and another as necessary. Then its a matter of ensuring that collections of photos are arranged as required within each user Id.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Yes, the Flickr 1000 picture limit is a bit of a bother, but as the accounts are free, its no bother to open another, and another as necessary. Then its a matter of ensuring that collections of photos are arranged as required within each user Id.
SHHHHH :27::27::27:

That has crossed my mind

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I have been using Facebook. I have an album set up so it is only visible to me then I have found that I can post it on here in the usual way with the add image link.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE