Knife ID help please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
E2BD7554-2607-48F0-8051-99E315708B27.jpeg EFA23DFC-1262-463F-90A0-C0AEF83661E3.jpeg 0C7C4DD0-1E77-4695-8E6D-D53BA69817F7.jpeg My other half bought me this knife quite a few years ago so it’s not going to be for sale unless I want to be out on the street!
I think there was originally a piece of paper with the makers details on but it’s long since disappeared. Does anyone have any idea who it could be and if he’s still making knives. One of my friends was admiring it and I said I’d try & find out who made it.
Cheers, Simon

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
You'd have thought the mark would be an absolute giveaway. How old is it? Sort of BB days? Nice knife.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
It doesn't ring a bell with me, though equally it doesn't look a tricky one for any of the knifemakers to replicate.

If I was guessing, I would say the forward finger choil was a later addition to a standard woodlore-esque pattern.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
You'd have thought the mark would be an absolute giveaway. How old is it? Sort of BB days? Nice knife.[/QUOTE

When I think about it it’s probably about 15 - 20 years old! It’s an ok knife. Holds a good edge & slices salami beautifully.
Don’t tell my wife but that’s all I ever use it for as I find the handle too small and I don’t like the blade shape either!
I’d give it to my mate but it might be frowned upon!

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
It doesn't ring a bell with me, though equally it doesn't look a tricky one for any of the knifemakers to replicate.

If I was guessing, I would say the forward finger choil was a later addition to a standard woodlore-esque pattern.

Thanks for the reply.
I’m not sure the choil adds much to the usefulness for Bushcrafty tasks. I think it’s more form than function, certainly as far as I’m concerned. Decent kitchen knife though.
I’ll get my friend to have a look on here for a knife instead.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I’ll get my friend to have a look on here for a knife instead.

See if he can't get Mark.177 to do one. I am so tempted to write to hima nd ask for a piece. Not sure he takes commissions though judging from some posts I have seen.

Problem is, if I speak to him I will definitely buy something. :lol:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
You could be right. Stewart rings a bell faintly but can’t remember what the K stood for.

He definitely wasn't a prolific maker if he was a Stewart or Stuart. There were a few of us around on BB so it would be something I would have taken note of. That definitely rings no bell.

Stewart Marsh
Stuart Mitchell
Stuart Barker
Stuart Wilson
Me

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
If you search SK Bushcraft Knives you will get a hit on Pinterest with knives having the same logo. It links to a website skbushcraftknives.com. Although there is a 2019 copyright stamp on the site, it is a blank page unfortunately.

You could try messaging the guy who uploaded the image.

K

Last edited:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Looks like that may be the chap but it doesn't sound like he's making knives any more.
Thanks for your efforts guys. I have now urged my friend to look at some of the BCUK makers so I'll let you know what he comes up with.
Cheers, Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE