Knife ID help please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just acquired this knife and would like to know what I have - other than a thing of beauty!DSCI0013.JPG DSCI0014.JPG
Blade - 5 3/4 inch, fullered deep scandi grind,3mmcarbon steel. No writing of any kind on the blade or ricasso.
Handle - Brass bolster, stacked birch bark and birch pommel. Stick/ rat tail tang riveted over brass in the pommel. Thick varnish over everything!
Sheath - embossed leather, machine sewn and riveted construction, brass ornamentation on inside of the curve, leather decoration with twin (one missing) tassels of leather.
Any ideas on maker?
Age?
Value?
Not that I will part with it....

Reactions: crosslandkelly

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Very similar!
Slight difference in the pommel and mine has no decoration on the bolster ...
My sheath is in better nick but otherwise identical!
OK so I have an Iisakka Jarvenpaa....
Ah but how old is it? :)

Reactions: chas brookes

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Iisakki knives are lovely, i have a couple of newer ones. But the older ones really did make a name for themselves in the early 20th c. I believe there is even a picture of JFK in the oval office with a IJ knife on the desk. I'm sure one of our Finnish brethren will be able to shed more light on what you have.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE