On Dealing with the Water board...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Spot on. We are the first Industrialised nation. The first nation where the urban/rural balance of population was overturned, and most still live urban, not rural.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Old article. 2008. I think Holland is the densest populated in Europe, out of the ‘real’ countries.
Monaco is the most densely populated
Iceland the least densely populated,
The Vatican has the lowest number of people at 800
Russia the most number of people.
And they all pay their water rates, I think...............lol......except Northern Ireland as Domestic customers don't get charged for water.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Monaco, Lichtenstein, San Marino, Vatican, Andorra, I kind of not see as 'real countries'.

For example, the Vatican population has zero reproduction rate, relies totally on immigration.

There is loads and loads of space in all European countries to build on, but regulations are trying to keep order, and only allow building in designated areas.
Which is good, specially for people with our interest!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I wouldnt say that if you were there.

Those are some of Europes longest established nations.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
About the Vatican?

Those mini states rely heavily on the countries around them. San Marino - Italy. Monaco - France.
Vatican - the World. and Italy.

We here are a bit similar to be frank. Rely heavily on the outside world, when it comes to 99.9% of food, 99% on everything else.
The only physical stuff we manufacture is a few hundred kilos of salt, some food items, eggs, a little tiny bit of fruit.

Most of our Mangoes come from Central America.

This place is all about the service and tourist industry. Very similar to Luxemburg, but they have a bit more agriculture.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
i am sure Princess Grace of Monaco would spin in her grave Janne.......................if she hadn't been cremated

incidently the Vatican has the highest crime rate per capita in Europe............mainly due to the pickpockets.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
No, no.

You always have sensible advice for anyones enquiries, not just mine.

I could sell the house of course, its a blame nusiance these days, and I am getting increasingly indifferent to it, but not until I get enough money to do it up...I would lose a lot of money otherwise.

Better a penny in the till than a pound in the bin.

Not selling a house that needs renovating because it will cause you a loss, will cause a bigger loss in future as it will need ‘more’ renovating,

Sometimes the best thing to do is cut losses, cash in and start again

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Better a penny in the till than a pound in the bin.

Not selling a house that needs renovating because it will cause you a loss, will cause a bigger loss in future as it will need ‘more’ renovating,

Sometimes the best thing to do is cut losses, cash in and start again

Would you actually lose money, eg you paid £150k and you could now sell it £100k, so you would lose £50k, or is it a case of if you sold it now you could get £100k, but if you spent £20k doing it up you could get £150k? I may be mistaken but did I read that it is a house you inherited? In which case you you would be £100k better off and no bills to pay, or you could continue to pay bills why you try to raise the £20k and then do the work, all of which will eat in to the extra £30k.

When I had wanted to sell my first house, the neighbour came to my door and offered me £41k instead of the £45k asking price, in those days you might have dropped £500 on the asking price.
10 months later, I sold it for £41,500, through the estate agent.
I was down 10 months mortgage payments of £330, 10 months bills and travel to and from the house and down the estate agents commission, in hindsight I should have taken the offer when it was made, but I thought I’d make more...

Sent using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
As Toddy says it wouldn't hurt to get an evaluation from an estate agent. You might get a nice surprise and it wouldn't hurt to cash in . It would be a lot less stress and no more bills.
I once sold a motorbike for £800 nowadays it is worth £10,000 you never can tell what's going to happen and with brexit in the near future things could go wrong and you could end up loosing. It's a lottery. Are you willing to take the risk of never getting the cash together to be able to do it up and having to sell at a massive loss in the future? Or be sensible and take what is on offer now and get rid of a millstone. As you inherited it you are never going to loose and your in a better position than some.
You have a lot of stresses in your life and you need some financial security. My advice would be to sell. Put the money in a bank that gives good interest and also some in a no risk isa. Then you can concentrate on your degree 100% and it's one less worry in your life. Plus only in comming cash from interest and no outgoing bills. Win win.

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE