Lightweight tent.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Help please.
Someone posted a link/picture, of a side entry lightweight "tunnel" type tent, which I thought I had saved. Any suggestions? I've been away up the West coast (Scotland) and the midgies were just too much for tarp camping. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Thank you for the replies. It was similar to this Vango, although it might do,
s-l1000.jpg

The staked out awning gives the option of adding a tarp for cooking under etc. :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: Laurence Milton

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Update. The tent above is heavier than my current Vango Banshee 3 person. So I've decided I'll use it as it packs light. I'm heading out shortly for a night, so I'll see how it feels after an hours walk. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
A Banshee 200 might do you. Entrances on both sides with mozz mesh come in very useful to avoid the prevailing wind/rain if you want to light a stove. No Baker tent style awning unfortunately, that’s a nice touch on the Vango Tango in your pic.

I like this review quite a lot. :)

Reactions: GuestD

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
https://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/Mobile/MBSCProduct.asp?PdtID=21148119

Is this any good? Expensive but 1.7kg.

This retailer stock other tents with a similar design but with heavier and cheaper materials. This one is the superlight version. I can recommend the retailer and the tent brand. I have bought another helsport tent and bought a fair bit from this retailer too. The owners are nice people and very helpful.

Reactions: GuestD

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Scarp!

The most versatile, light and, well, everything tent. Which, as you see, opens L & R, provides a good vestibule and optional solid and/or mozzy net inner, plus reinforcing poles ... all of which move the price from its base at 330USD to 500USD. Wish I had one, and I might yet ... though I definitely do not need one.

Holds one large person plus kit and dog, no squeeze

The man builds them little and bigger and in any number of imaginative variations.

https://www.tarptent.com/product/scarp-1/

scarp2-2-800x450.jpg

Last edited:

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
A Banshee 200 might do you. Entrances on both sides with mozz mesh come in very useful to avoid the prevailing wind/rain if you want to light a stove. No Baker tent style awning unfortunately, that’s a nice touch on the Vango Tango in your pic.

I like this review quite a lot. :)

Thanks, I should have included in my post that my Vango is the Banshee 300. An excellent tent I've found, and it has been used on all my cycle trips since I bought it, a lot of space, packs small, and still lightweight, although I've got titanium pegs and carbon fibre poles. (Don't know if it saves much weight, but it sounds good.)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Anyone had a look at the One Tigris Backwoods Bungalow???

https://m.onetigris.com/backwoods-bungalow-ultralight-super-shelter.html

That’s a good find, very Baker tent. I like One Tigris, I’ve had a couple of things of theirs that were well made. Ok, it needs suspension or poles, but at 2.73lbs it’s nothing to carry. I’d be taking a DD 3x3 lightweight and hang the tent off the ridge line, it’s eerily see through. I’d certainly prefer that tent to a bivi bag.

Reactions: CLEM

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Thank you for the replies. It was similar to this Vango, although it might do,
s-l1000.jpg

The staked out awning gives the option of adding a tarp for cooking under etc. :emoji_thumbsup:

Just ordered one of these for using at the woods when I fancy a change from the hammock and tarp :) Don't know how it can weigh more than 4kg though, must have some lead lining or something ! Weight doesn't matter though as won't be hiking with it, and the configuration looks useful for the less nimble of us !

Don't know how they do it for less than sixty quid delivered :)

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I use a nordisk telemark 1
here is a photo from an overnight on Friday just gone .
can recommend this . used it last year on a 10 day hiking trip in Sweden .

20190628_193516.jpg

Reactions: Janne

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Scarp!

The most versatile, light and, well, everything tent. Which, as you see, opens L & R, provides a good vestibule and optional solid and/or mozzy net inner, plus reinforcing poles ... all of which move the price from its base at 330USD to 500USD. Wish I had one, and I might yet ... though I definitely do not need one.

Holds one large person plus kit and dog, no squeeze

The man builds them little and bigger and in any number of imaginative variations.

https://www.tarptent.com/product/scarp-1/

scarp2-2-800x450.jpg

I absolutely love my Scarp 1. It's been to Greenland, done the Cape Wrath Trail and countless weekends in the hills, on the flat and in the woods; it has endured some really violent weather and has NEVER let me down. Great design, great materials, light in weight, bombproof in gnarly weather, spacious and, in reality, pretty reasonable when compared with some other options.

Sorry to foam at the mouth but it really is an impressive little tent.

Reactions: Billy-o

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE