Danger - Little Old Ladies at play!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
While I was running my Bushcrat Session yesterday my darling wife (11 years older than me) was walking a circular route to take her OAP walking group out on later in the year.
I have to warn my clients that Bushcraft can cause "serious injury or DEATH" ... my Mrs slips on her path and ends up with a dislocated fracture of the left radius and bruised/fractured ribs!
I think she fell at about 11.30 ish (she was with a sensible friend than goodness) and tied up a First Responder, a Fire Engine and Retained Crew and one of the eight Ambulances that cover the whole of Carmarthen and Pembrokeshire.... and did it on the most remote and hard to reach bit of her walk! It was almost an Air Sea Rescue chopper job!
Got home from Hospital at about midnight and we are just off to Fracture Clinic to see if she needs an op on her wrist....
It is fun watching her wince with the ribs as I still have deformed ribs from where she tried to put her knees though me 42 years ago when I was teaching her some self defence moves (she learned the moves very well and enthusiastically!
Beware of OAPs out on a stroll!

Reactions: Bishop and bopdude

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
OUCH!!! Really sorry to hear that John, wish Liz a speedy recovery.

On the bright side she can truthfully say that particular section can be very slippery when she takes her group out :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for you kind wishes :)
Just got back from Fracture Clinic (the hospital is an hour away from home...)
All is good and they do not want to see her for a week - now we just have to sort out her other clinics, my dentist, my work, my physio/gym sessions, her volunteering stints, car repairs, driving etc etc etc
Hopefully she will be out of plaster for her Aussie cousins visit in August....

My session went well with some participants asking to book for more later in the summer :)
No one died....

Reactions: Nomad64

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE