Niche jacket suggestion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Oh yes! I will. :) Thanks Corso. Didn't know that jacket.

Finding all sorts of little things now ... there's a French air force jacket and a couple of others. I'll be having to start my own shop at this rate if I buy all the ones I fancy

Alex Mills makes this nice olive work jacket. Its 150USD+ so out of the price territory, but thinkable. Trouble is they say the model showing the jacket is 6' 1" and wears an M size. They don't mention that the poor starved lad likely weighs slightly over 100lbs.

https://www.alexmill.com/products/work-jacket-in-army-green

Last edited:
Reactions: Robson Valley

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Wear your favourite jacket you mentioned just add a waterproof liner underneath for when the weather turns bad. Their used to be a great Dutch goretex liner version many years ago something like that.

Or underneath the already mentioned British army MVP MTP lightweight jacket

Last edited:

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I'd look out for an Austrian alpine jacket

Corso, thanks again for this suggestion.

I wondered if you had one. I am trying to work out sizing. Sometimes it is listed as a parka - which would suggest it is cut to go over a uniform, a dedicated thermal liner or maybe even an insulated (down or similar) jacket too. Sometimes it is just listed as a jacket or coat - suggesting perhaps just baselayers and a thinner fleece.

Any clues would be warmly wlecomed :)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Best advice i can offer is from varusteleka...

Size info

First the easy size, then the user's recommended height and chest circumference. These run a tad large to fit clothes underneath, so do not oversize. If you intend to use this as a casual jacket, picking a notch slimmer size than the measurements say would do just fine.

Our model in the main picture has a 96 cm chest, but the jacket worn is Small Regular (171-179 / 84-92 cm) and fits much better.

The Austrian size system is explained in detail on our Austrian jacket size chart page. If you are already familiar with Austrian sizing and want to know how we came up with the easy sizes, below is our logic as a chart. All possible sizes in the chart are not manufactured of course.

Reactions: Billy-o

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE