9 x 9 military tent info?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
I am looking to source a 9 x 9 military tent, does anyone have any info on the best place to get one and the difference in the varying grades available from military surplus suppliers.
Thanks in advance fellas
HF

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Surplus stores I've used in the past had the following grades and meanings

Unissued - as it says
Supergrade - issued with minimal usage or marks
A Grade - Issued, light usage might have one or two minor repairs or marks
B grade - Issued, heavier usage and will likely have several repairs and worn parts.

You can also give RTi or Endicotts a buzz as they're both very good and helpful

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Thanks for that. A bit of variation in pricing hence the grading query .
Don’t mind one with a bit of character but ideally don’t want one that’s scrap.

Mulloch

Mar 24, 2019
UK
Another source is ebay. I dont know how much the OP knows about the tent canvas, brackets and poles so I will try and describe it all. The canvas is a one piece affair. One end is a sort of very short tunnel and its meant for fitting onto the back of a FFR (Fitted For Radio) Landrover (with the LR door open) There are windows on opposite sides and a canvas flap that can be toggled shut/open. When packed up the tent fits into a canvas bag with a drawrope type closure. Its about the size of a gym punch bag. Its not the normal military type valise with eyelets and lace up fastening. The bag is actually quite a tight fit and could do with a modification. The poles are aluminum and the leg poles (4) have a flat plate at the base. They are about 5 foot in length and all fit along with the other framework into a long thin canvas bag. The brackets also have their own bag.
I have always thought the tent has plenty of scope for modifications to the canvas, such as clear windows and heavy duty zips for the door and a drop down side. Might be worthwhile looking for a damaged one or a less than perfect graded one. The military previously coated worn canvas with mystox but Im not sure if its easily available on the civilian market.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE