Diddly, Diddly, Do

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
That's brilliant, I haven't thought about making multi prop ones.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Easy to get them all spinning to begin with on the multi prop, but a real challenge to make them reverse direction, but thats all part of the fun.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a 'whimmy diddle'?

Old fashioned folk toy, you rub the smaller stick over the notches and the propellor spins, the trick is make the propellor stop and spin the other way without stopping the rubbing stick.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
One of these
That is the best video I have seen for so long.

I know I'm preaching (agreeing with?) to the converted here but...

It just encapsulates so many great things in one: Kids, respect for your elders, instruction, patience, learning, craft, skill, nothing more than sticks, simplicity, wonder, fun, and joy.

In the age of the smartphone and internet......blah blah blah....oh god he's getting on his soapbox again! ;)

Just brilliant. Thank you all for sharing this. I know what I'm doing this weekend with the kids!

By the looks of things you need a hole in the spinner larger than the pin?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
That is the best video I have seen for so long.

I know I'm preaching (agreeing with?) to the converted here but...

It just encapsulates so many great things in one: Kids, respect for your elders, instruction, patience, learning, craft, skill, nothing more than sticks, simplicity, wonder, fun, and joy.

In the age of the smartphone and internet......blah blah blah....oh god he's getting on his soapbox again! ;)

Just brilliant. Thank you all for sharing this. I know what I'm doing this weekend with the kids!

By the looks of things you need a hole in the spinner larger than the pin?

What you did not see: At 3:20 the children whipped out their Iphones and continued playing Fortnite....

Reactions: Brizzlebush

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE