Just a thought about your bow saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I was felling a small dead standing tree for a small fire lay later tonight. I thought I'd share my little tip on how I carry the rounds I've made the short distance back to my van/campsite. I slot them in my Bahco bow saw. It does flex the blade but it's not a problem for me as the blade always goes back the right way. Don't over load your saw and don't use this technique if you're a long way from camp. But anyways, if you've never seen it, you may like my tip, you may not. But here it is....
108a1c0fcfc4936257c04436a337794a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dark Horse Dave

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I usually carry wood in the hand or on the shoulder to the tent and after sectioning it the last few meters just in the arm.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
you guys! Always with the 'why don't you do this... or do that.... ' like I said, you may like it, you may not. But it works for me.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
But we hate it!

Unfortunately we can't force you to do it different, so we can just sit in the sun at the smartphone and hate you, because you torture that poor little saw, who didn't do any thing wrong.

You are a cruel man!!!

;0)

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Ahhhh...... the Internet. Of course, maybe a lot of people do not like this idea. That's fine by me! in all the years I have been doing this, I have never had a blade damaged or broken. It is a quick and convenient method for me. Dragging a log is of course a very good option. But I don't do that. I don't think my idea is silly, like I said, it works for me!

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Edited as it looks like the OP didn't want alternative suggestions

He just wanted to voice his opininon...

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
It is silly, cruel and risky for the blade!

It is far better to do it the old way, and carry the branch in one piece to the camp.

Ok, it's risky for your fellows, but that doesn't matter. They will learn it, or you will find new once.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Incredible.

It's still eastern.

I wouldn't become so angry, if that would have been my saw!

It works of course. But in the long run it isn't good for the blade, that's all.

Reactions: Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE