What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
why did you get a replica when the originals are so cheap? - asking 'cause I want one

s-l1600.jpg

3312-soviet-duffel-bag-2a.jpg

I wanted one without the pockets and straps, so I can fold it up and put it in my pocket when empty. (Which it does) Cost £23 + P & P.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
I got merino wool long johns out of Marks & Spencer today for £4.99
end of season sale, while stocks last. Will do for next winter.

Reactions: tiger stacker

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I received my Amok Draumr XL hammock today, along with pad and tarp, (bought last summer at considerable discount). Raining here unfortunately so I have to wait to try it out. But initial impressions are it's a very well thought out and equally well made piece of kit. I'm a very happy camper.

Reactions: santaman2000

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Yesterday, after work, I stopped off at the post office to pick up an order from Amazon.
A roll of self adhesive copper tape, to put around plant pots and seed trays, to keep the slugs out.
A pair of wolf's jaw tongs to replace those that Amazon sent out last week, so badly packaged that they punched a hole in the cardboard box and escaped.

This time, when I was handed the package it felt like it contained something (unlike last time). Once again, the box had been consolidated at the sorting office with the special tape.

amazon-parcel-20190405-outside.jpg

Anyway, I didn't want to carry that big box home, I was going to stop for essential supplies on the way, so I cut open the box and looked inside.

What a surprise... not.

Just a loosely scrunched wad of brown paper on top of the copper tape and the pair of tongs. Nothing wrapped around the pointy jaws or reins.

amazon-parcel-20190405-inside-01.jpg

And the jaws had punched a hole in the box again. :rolleyes:

amazon-parcel-20190405-inside-02.jpg

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Ordered a trangia triangle today. May have to make a modification to carry my stanley pot which I think will be too slim. Any suggestions on how to modify? If all else fails I have a trangia kettle I can use.

firedfromthecircus

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2014
there
Love that stove Wayland. Very cool.

Ordered a trangia triangle today. May have to make a modification to carry my stanley pot which I think will be too slim. Any suggestions on how to modify? If all else fails I have a trangia kettle I can use.

Make a triangle that fits over the three upstanding pot supports from metal rod and it allows you to use smaller sized pots. I use an Alpkit Ti mug on mine. I made it from an arc welding rod after I cracked the flux off!

46906437984_b9a1fa0446_b.jpg

46715129055_03878b1dcb_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody girl

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
In another thread, but an Eagle Industries 1.5l kettle a couple of days ago. I gave mine to Zorros grandson Chris, who’s an excellent lad interested in gathering himself some decent kit. It really wasn’t getting any use, I was preferring the Primus Litech for walk in camping. Now the hips have been giving me the aches, I’m car camping more, and less worried about weight.

I must get a tripod or pot hanger if anyone has any recommendations?

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Love that stove Wayland. Very cool.

Make a triangle that fits over the three upstanding pot supports from metal rod and it allows you to use smaller sized pots. I use an Alpkit Ti mug on mine. I made it from an arc welding rod after I cracked the flux off!

46906437984_b9a1fa0446_b.jpg

46715129055_03878b1dcb_b.jpg
Thanks for the tip. I thought a piece of wire coat hanger might suffice, problem is who uses wire coat hangers anymore.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE