DIY Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
On another thread Woody Girl asked if there was anything I could not make ... which set me thinking....
I went through all the stuff I have made and can use for trips out into the woods -
Starting with clothing...
Hats, hoods, shirts, trousers, jackets, fleece jackets, bushshirts, sock substitutes (wool booties) Iron Age shoes, cloaks, capes and belts - plus other bits....home made sheepskin hat.JPG PC210006.JPG PA090021.JPG PC210008.JPG PB210004.JPG P9210191.JPG P8280177.JPG 005 (2015_01_01 06_41_25 UTC).JPG

continued...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nope - I drink coffee, hot choc or herbal/fruit teas ... I do them OK...
If I drink tea it is only coz teabags come in ration packs - and their coffee is awful!

Reactions: Janne

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Great stuff here. I love handmade things and try to make a lot of my own stuff too. This week I made a penny can stove and a dog bowl oven.( Yet to try them out.) Over the winter I have knitted socks hat and fingerless glove combo in green for the woods. And I made a hooded top based on a swandrI, among other stuff. Nothing like making your own kit. It's a shame I can't post photos at present (but one day I will learn)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I have plans for a small tent and camp cot but I'm still researching and planning. It keeps me awake till the early hours drawing up plans and working out how I can do something. I must get a hold of that scout book. It will save a lot of sleepless hours... maybe!

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Nope - I drink coffee, hot choc or herbal/fruit teas ... I do them OK...
If I drink tea it is only coz teabags come in ration packs - and their coffee is awful!
I thought you drank coffee John, I think I have passed you in the woods when you have been making a drink for everyone, I think I heard you yelling
" everyone for coffee"...........

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You are a very well rounded talent guy!

I have made a few bits...Mostly leatherwork, but altered kit too. I find a lot of good things at car boots...some of it needs fixing. I dont have the skills to make everything like you do though.

No pics as yet! Need new host.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thank you :)
I have fun making things but I got onto it because I do not have the money to buy the gear I wanted - now it is more the fun!
Some stuff made for the weekend camp...
Saw
P4120001.JPG
Adjustable pot hangers
P4120007.JPG
forged out of steel and aluminium tent pegs...and bog-chain!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE