Casstrom Lars Falt Folder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Hmmm. I think I would like to see one 'in the flesh' before making a decision. As for the shirt, it's just a little too brown for my liking.

Reactions: ANDGRIN

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Does £105 seem reasonable for this sort of thing? I know that there will be those who think it's exorbitant and those who won't but how does it sit for something massed produced, even if 'hand-finished'?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I hope the wood has been stabilized.
Masur Birch of this grade is from my experience a bit sensitive.

Swedish design, Swedish company, Swedish endorser, made in Spain from high quality materials = higher cost level.

Fallkniven folders are what, UKP 250 and up?

Those are designed in Sweden, Swedish company, Made in Japan from high quality materials.

Last edited:

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
There is something more fundamentally weird about the knife. It is a scandi grind. Something you expect to lean into and apply grief. It seems terribly misplaced on a folder.

I find it difficult to trust any lock or pivot to do its thing under those kind of (often torquey) strains. I remember thinking the same of the similarly ground Northwoods, EKAs and Enzos and even one terrific, heavy duty custom piece I had.

Last edited:

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Tradition, Billy-o, tradition.
My EKA (Big Swede) was my main knife ( fishing and short trekking trips) for 20 years +, still going strong.

I replaced the scales to Juniper wood, did not like the plastic scales.

make a secondary bevel, that will make it stronger!

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I love that big EKA. I have had a bubinga one for quite a while and have often recommended it to people looking for a scandi folder. But I still feel wary of it for heavier use.

I liked the EKA T8 a lot. The Swede 7 looks good but I never had a go of one yet

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
The wooden scaled ones were quite a bit more expensive hence the plastic scales. Those were slippery though.

I think that was my first decent/useful wood project, making those scales. I was 11? 12?

Glass-Wood-Steel

Jul 31, 2016
Cheshire
N690 is a good steel, takes a nice edge and easy to sharpen. I am sure it will be constructed to an acceptable standard.
That said I am cynical about the marketing ploys being used. Limited quantities and endorsed by an eminent figure etc. I wonder what attention the knife would command with out the endorsement of Lars.

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
I have had one on test for a few weeks prior to the first batch being released. I have to say I am very impressed. Finish is good and lockup etc is goos too. I will have it with me at Knives UK in Thornbury next Sunday if anybody would like to have a look and handle it for themselves.

Reactions: salad

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I too have had a fondle, and would agree with what Roger has to say . No bells or whistles but a very competent Knife, warm comfortable handle and reassuringly sturdy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE