Canvas tent repairs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 30, 2009
south cheshire
hello
Just got a vango force10 mk5 needs some talc but well worth saving, the fixed ground sheet around the fixed corner peg points ( sorry don't know how else to describe) have holes around them , there is also some smaller holes in the groundsheet which aren't to much of an issue, I have some stormshield adhesive but might need a more professional job, also one of the brass eyelets on the fly sheet has vanished and needs replacing. I also have a blacks good companion which needs a good repair to a whole in the canvas where the central pole goes through the flysheet.

Can anyone recommend anyone local to me south Cheshire/ north staffs who will carry out the repairs, I have had a look on line and although I haven't checked looks expensive.

Thanks
Simon

Reactions: Le Loup
hello
Just got a vango force10 mk5 needs some talc but well worth saving, the fixed ground sheet around the fixed corner peg points ( sorry don't know how else to describe) have holes around them , there is also some smaller holes in the groundsheet which aren't to much of an issue, I have some stormshield adhesive but might need a more professional job, also one of the brass eyelets on the fly sheet has vanished and needs replacing. I also have a blacks good companion which needs a good repair to a whole in the canvas where the central pole goes through the flysheet.

Can anyone recommend anyone local to me south Cheshire/ north staffs who will carry out the repairs, I have had a look on line and although I haven't checked looks expensive.

Thanks
Simon
I just patch the hole/tear & seal with melting beeswax over the repair. Eyelets can be repaired by simply stitching round the hole.
Keith.
002.jpg

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Take it to your local sailmaker who can do both the canvas repairs and the eyelet replacement.
There is a tent repair place in Scotland that is good but the name escapes me at the moment.

Mulloch

Mar 24, 2019
UK
If you are ok with DIY there are complete kits out there to do your own eyelet repairs, this is the first hit that popped up on google. Depends if the eyelet size is suitable.https://www.flags-flagpoles-banners...-packs-with-tools-pack-of-25-x-9-5mm-diameter. Its advisable to reinforce the area with another piece of cloth/canvas to stop the eyelet ripping out. Glue the patch in position or stitch it in.
You could try the horse riding community for an equipment repairer/saddle maker they sometimes have sewing machines for repairing horse coats etc, or a high street shop that does clothes alterations. As suggested beeswax is a good solution for rubbing into/melting over stitching to keep it waterproof

Dec 30, 2009
south cheshire
Hi Mulloch
More good ideas, however put it up yesterday and more issues, if I get it fixed cost wise too much I would have thought so I'll still look at solutions but hopefully the person I had it off will take it back as definitely not as he described.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE