Finished waxing my sack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clanchief

Oct 14, 2017
Lomondside to Glasgow
Got this pack a year ago, new and unused, was still thinking what to do with it as I have other packs that are more modern.

Decided to source more straps and then I might wax it up, so I gave it a go. It turned out quite easy to do using two cans of spray wax from Hoggs.

It’s nice genuine quality, very comfy and not expensive as a Frost River pack.

TSpnM48.jpg

8V4EoCQ.jpg

3DCG6en.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I wonder what the interwebs would throw back at you if you put the title of this thread into a search engine? :eek:

Nice job on the pack, though, I bet they're the business when properly done with the wax.

Clanchief

Oct 14, 2017
Lomondside to Glasgow
I reckon the main compartment is 35-40 L and side pockets 2L each, it’s pretty expandable, and with the straps so much can be added on top or below, you can see from the photo but the air gap at the back is fantastic to keep your back cool as there are only two leather straps against your back and no sponge making you sweat.

Surplus and outdoors site have new nylon versions with all the leather bits and bed roll straps included for buttons, I know I bought one for some straps and gave the rucksack to a charity shop.

Reactions: Erbswurst

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I wonder what the interwebs would throw back at you if you put the title of this thread into a search engine? :eek:

Nice job on the pack, though, I bet they're the business when properly done with the wax.

Yes I must admit the title of the thread ( intentional?) Gave me a smirk - yes I am that immature!

Sorry for not having a constructive post to share.

Reactions: Clanchief

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Oh dear ! My eyes popped at this title. I won't go into the details of the picture in my mind.:eek: A poor innocent like me! I nearly didn't look, but phew only a pretty neat ruck. Thank goodness !:D

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
What's the weight of the cotton version?

Is the other Nylon? Which coating? Which weight?

What are the largest bottles that fit in the side pouches?

Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Got this pack a year ago, new and unused, was still thinking what to do with it as I have other packs that are more modern.

Decided to source more straps and then I might wax it up, so I gave it a go. It turned out quite easy to do using two cans of spray wax from Hoggs.

It’s nice genuine quality, very comfy and not expensive as a Frost River pack.

TSpnM48.jpg

8V4EoCQ.jpg

3DCG6en.jpg
This is most definitely not what I was expecting to see but different strokes, horses for courses and all that.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I doubt that they aren't seldom.

Norway hasn't so many inhabitants.

If stuff like that comes on the market, you see it everywhere.
But after a relatively short time it's sold out.

I have seen it with Swiss material for example.

Sanka

May 31, 2017
Nederland
Nice job.
Got one off these myself, a bit small for my 6' 7", but it's a good weekend pack, and the ski mounts behind the side pockets are ideal for an axe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE