Decisions...decisions.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Still feeling slightly light headed with grateful gratitude to HM Government, having just been informed I am to receive £1.27p weekly pension increase, I am debating taking advantage of the impending change in the law relating to the purchase of knives.
It is apparent that many companies whose business has revolved around the sale of knives are branching out into other lines of merchandise...at bargain prices, and there lies my problem.

I am sorely tempted by some plastic coat hangers at the knock down price of just £15 each...I had hoped they would be a tactical camo colour, or at least subdued green or even black for 'Night Operatives,' but alas they are bright orange, hardly Bush Crafty I think...

So, what should I do? An orange plastic coat hanger for £15 or an aluminium spoon/fork... an 'essential trail tool' for just £17.....?
Wait !! It's ok |Folks, stand down on the above, I've just spotted a 4 x 1.5 cm Titanium key chain link for just £32.95p..That's it, I'll start saving,...so £32.95 divided by £1.27p ...Ha! mine by Samhain..:laugh: :laugh:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
52 x £1.27, by your birthday next year will yield you £66.04.

That's a new jacket, or waterproof trousers, or decent wellies, or a couple of steak dinners + wine. A new knife, or a saw, or a whittlin' jack....or a pouch full of coin to spend at the Reenactor's Fayre :)

M

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
£66.04p..I wonder if I ask nicely if they will give me a lump sump? :D
Not being an alcohol fan I could add a few pennies and get 19x 240 bag boxes of Tea bags......'Tis nice to be suddenly wealthy..:laugh:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
If your rates have gone up as much as mine , plus the rise in electricity, and TV licence, how much are you going to have left for the teabags?

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
You could buy new laces and safe a lot of money for the bus tickets.

Or you buy a stamp and write them your opinion.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Stamps have just gone up in price too.. I don't know about shoe laces tho. Wouldn't be surprised.
Teabags are a good investment though everyone needs a cuppa... especially when you get the 'leccy bill. Helps with the shock.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Just keep em ticking over till the old clogs go pop and then charge them several thousand pounds for the privilege of dying. :badger:
Keep your chins up , they can't last much longer the revolution is comming... if we can be bothered!
Meanwhile keep calm and drink tea..if you can afford it!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yeah guess we should count our blessings. There is such a lot worse going on in the world. Sometimes it gets to me, and actually I find that raise in a pensioners income an insult to them after learning how much of a raise the gov have given themselves.
Just feeling ultra grumpy and cynical today after all my bills landed on the mat at once this morning!
Ah well.. just off for another cuppa.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, think of what this farce with Honda is doing to my property value.

I spent my degenerate youth in frugality to buy that.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
No complaints here, I'm a happy, contented old geezer really, £1.27 just struck me as really funny. I never forget there are other wrinklies a lot worse off than me.

Mate, we got a council tax refund of 7 pence a while ago, I think I kept the letter somewhere. It had us in stitches laughing, all the official calculations and admittance to an oversight on their part. :D

Reactions: Woody girl

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Mate, we got a council tax refund of 7 pence a while ago, I think I kept the letter somewhere. It had us in stitches laughing, all the official calculations and admittance to an oversight on their part. :D

That's a classic...Worth keeping, just for proof that a Council actually admitted making a mistake...:laugh:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE