mkettle smoke free fuel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

captainhastings

Mar 17, 2019
wales
Hi folks I am thinking of getting an mkettle to make a fresh cuppa out fishing or just down the allotment. What we be the best fuel for smoke free or low smoke. We are not allowed fires at certain times of the year so I could picture some one complaining if they see smoke of any sorts

Jan 13, 2018
Rural Lincolnshire
I like the idea of some thing i can carry about fishing walks etc
So do I which is why I have a gas stove.
110g gas cartridge will boil 7 litres of water.(25 mugs ?)
Stove / burner that fits on to the top of the cartridge (48 grams)
Stainless steel mug, 8 tea-bags, sugar and powdered milk (142 grams)
(Use the mug as a kettle)
Cost = under £10

But each to their own, it would be a sad world if we were all the same.

Reactions: captainhastings

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I burn those small wooden crates that vegetables come in, thin slats. Burns like rocket fuel. I have the Aussie version of the Kelly kettle , only need a few bits to get a boil going.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
You could also use AV Gas or even C-4, not too much C-4 mind...or Poof! No Allotment...:laugh: Hang on a minute I'll try to answer your question....:laugh:

I found that wood based Cat Litter burns with very little smoke. I found it difficult to light initially but cheated by dripping a few drips of Paraffin into the container before I left home. The Paraffin is absorbed and the Litter catches fire easily.

I put about 6 drips of Paraffin in that plastic 1 Litre container full of Litter and it took a match easily in the Wood Gas Stove. I'm sure it would work equally well in a Kelly Kettle.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018
Rural Lincolnshire
Which gas stove do you have Alan ?

One similar to this (99p on Ebay)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: captainhastings

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE