What's new in the barefoot shoe world?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
i made the transition to barefoot footwear a while back (3 or 4 years actually)
i've lived in Vivobarefoot Gobi or Scotts for the past 3-4 years.
had Vibobarefoot trackers both Soft Ground and Firm ground soles didn't get on with em
dabbled with Freet but found the "vegan leather" aka plastic made my feet sweat a lot.
Today i noticed the sole of my scotts are starting to wear through. im not too upset they've had a good innings of pretty much constant wear in all conditions both in the woods and at work.
However i now can't fit into "normal" shoes they're heavy cumbersome and make me ache.
so whats new in the barefoot footwear world?
should i just bite the bullet and pay the surprisingly more expensive prices (how come the same designs are there but now cost more?)
or investigate a different brand (of which there are now many to choose from based on a google search)

what are folk wearing?

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
i use the vivobarefoot trekker for my outdoor stuff 9/10 of the year. used to wear the five fingers too but not so much now.
for office wear they can scare people so i use more formal shoes with a wide toe box. i also take my shoes off a lot at work. typing this they are sat behind me!
what about some of the vivo range designed for swimming etc? would that be of use? lots of breathability i would imagine...

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have made my own minimalist sandals, and I am still learning throught the process , you cannot buy anything off the peg that actually fits your feet, you have to either make it yourself or go to someone who can. Then again you can always go the full Cody Lundin.

Reactions: woodsorrel
I have made my own minimalist sandals... you cannot buy anything off the peg that actually fits your feet, you have to either make it yourself or go to someone who can. Then again you can always go the full Cody Lundin.

I make moccasins that I use for camp shoes on backpacking trips. I also use them from time to time when I'm animal tracking.

Workmanship = Terrible.
Fit = Great! :)

- Woodsorrel

Reactions: Laurentius

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
made moccassins and minimal sandals
I'm looking for something i can wear at work without getting more raised eyebrows.
otherwise i would probably just grab a pair of fivefingers by Vibram :)

Have you nothing that you can modify? maybe a pair of boots that can be resoled as flats?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE