Planning Edale / Peaks Campsite Recommendations?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi Guys, as above really. Any suggestions for campsites in the Peak District? Ideally not too far from Edale.
A few details ... family camping, with dog and car. Don’t mind it simple, but toilet a must, showers and a possibility of an open fire both a bonus. All family quite outdoorsy and experienced campers but this time it’s just a last minute half term get away. Hope everything isn’t booked up!
Thoughts and suggestions much appreciated.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I live in Edale. Coopers is prob your best bet. There's no campsites in the village with fires sadly. Upper Booth campsite is lovely but books up well in advance closed until March Ollerbrook farm bunkhouses good if weather grim. Fieldhead is good campsite with good facilities but definitely less wild feeling. Highfield farm let folk pitch tents next to cars in a field if you want wilder, there must be an outside loo there but rougher end of the spectrum.

Reactions: Madriverrob
I live in Edale. Coopers is prob your best bet. There's no campsites in the village with fires sadly. Upper Booth campsite is lovely but books up well in advance closed until March Ollerbrook farm bunkhouses good if weather grim. Fieldhead is good campsite with good facilities but definitely less wild feeling. Highfield farm let folk pitch tents next to cars in a field if you want wilder, there must be an outside loo there but rougher end of the spectrum.
Thanks Robin - perfect to have some local knowledge. Hope all's well with you.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
If you're up for it try here...

53.393006,-1.730426

Excellent views. Quiet past 5pm all year. Unfortunately, no toilets. But I use a porta potti in my van. Is this an option? No showers either, but the lake is 10 yards away....... or you can improvise a very good car shower by using a 1.5ltr cola bottle with small holes stabbed in the screw lid (my shower of choice almost every day)

Just a thought, if you're all up for a step further... unaware of your vehicle type.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE