Scottish reenactors market this weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey folks,

Some of you may be interested in a wee Scottish reenactors market this weekend, even if living history ain't your thing it will still be a good place to pick up fabrics and other bits.

I'll still have plenty of bushcraft stuff for sale alongside my living history stuff (as there is often little difference anyway)

If you're in the area come by for a natter

Details in the picture.
fa184c2a5e8812c5ce727e8c704fa3a1.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've friends who are going as traders, Hamish, as well as the usual contingent of buyers :D

Right now I'm not very well, but if I'm well enough, it's just up the valley from me, and I'll be along for a nosey.

I hope it's a great success :D

Reactions: zornt

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It would be excellent to get a really good, repeated, Scottish market going. I miss the Lanark ones, and I know a lot of folks are hoping that this one takes off.

M

Reactions: JohnC

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
it was a bit on the cramped side which didn't help as it was quite busy tbh.......met some dreadlocked bloke that had some good wares and finally got some rawhide which I've been looking for for a few years now....HU SSAH!

N

Nomad

I had a chinwag with the same dreadlocked gentleman. When I got there, the upstairs was mobbed (as in squeeze sideways to move around), but downstairs was fine. Was disappointed to not find anybody doing fabrics because I was hoping to find some woven wool. I did pick up a Bambi skin (chrome tanned, but very matt finish), which will become soft pouches, and an antler tine to try some pressure flaking on flint edges.

Overall, it was interesting for me to see the reenactment stuff even though it's not something I'm especially into (although I fancied a shot of the bows 'n' arras). The venue was a bit small with the stalls that were there, so I think somewhere else would be needed if there's to be scope for expansion.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Thanks for coming down fellas.

As expected it was only a wee market, being the first one so everybody was really just there for a nosey and to see if there was potential for growth, which it looks like there is (somewhat limited by space but we will find a way).

Good to catch up with folk and meet new people too, always keen for a natter about leather XD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE