Help!! I need all the help I can get!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Before there are any misunderstandings, I've cleared this with Tony!!
I have started a campaign on 38 degrees to get Westminster to debate the reinstating of the Newcastle - Norway ferry. Please help me in getting more people to sign this? No matter where you stand politically, surely we can do with a link to Scandinavia? If you sign, please get your family and friends to sign too? They can each sign on your android, I-pad etc.
Many thanks for your help!!
(Who knows , there may be a moot in Norway or Sweden in the future)https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/reinstating-newcastle-bergen-ferry

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
Signed. I've been to Norway once and the cost of flying with fishing gear was enough to stop me going again!

I also heard that the ferry was good for Newcastle/North Easts economy when it ran, as we received a lot of scandinavians for sightseeing and Christmas shopping trips.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
I'm ignorant of the facts here and curious - why is it a government issue to reinstate it? Would it not be a private company?

I feel, whatever is coming down the road, any links to and from the UK should be debated and the service tendered out.
I suspect there may be more transport links (ferries) needed to satisfy future demand. But then again, it wont do any harm whatsoever!

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I feel, whatever is coming down the road, any links to and from the UK should be debated and the service tendered out.
I suspect there may be more transport links (ferries) needed to satisfy future demand. But then again, it wont do any harm whatsoever!

I guess I was wondering why it comes back to the government. I was assuming that it would be funded by people and goods being transported, being a business venture.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Thank you to all who signed. Just a wee update. Right now we are just below 200 signatures. I'm unable to push it right now unless there are another few hundred signatures. Once (hopefully) there are more, i will approach the local media and see if they'd run it. I will keep you informed so many thanks again

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Thanks to all who have signed the petition, but, as the whole thing "stranded" at 222 signatures, I had to bow and acknowledge defeat and have now taken off my petition!! I guess there just isn't enough demand. Since it is my turn to decide on next year's family holiday, it will be a 3 day trip to Norway, and yes, 3 days back!!! Shame, but there it is
Thanks again guys

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE