Hammock for two

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
So, is there a hammock that can actually accommodate two people in comfort, I just can't see how it's possible yet now and then I see them advertised, some with like double scoop shapes and some with superwide material.
If there was one that worked I'd consider one for my girls to sleep in, they'd like that, as it is they've had a few attempts sleeping in a hammock together and it always ends up with one of them getting out in the early hours...

Any experience or thoughts?

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
The only way I can see a double hammock working is a large/ wide bridge hammock, otherwise you end up both sliding to the bottom and one sleeping on top of the other. I'd just get two and hang them side by side under the same tarp.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
two is the way it has to be at the moment, but that bring with it other issues. The idea of just quickly putting up a hammock and them both jumping in it a nice one :D

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
For summer lounging or overnighting in warm weather, the colourful Brazilian style hammocks are super soft and comfortable, and really appealing to children. Much more so than nylon types. The nature of hammock design means they will be fairly cuddly together all night, but it’s not a bad thing. I’ve had nights, admittedly in very warm Thai weather with my wife, either top to tail or side by side and been comfy all night. Apart from the one that split and dumped the pair of us in the sand that is :D

A very wide Brazilian style can be slept in at 90° to the axis if it’s hung a little tighter, like you see people using as chairs, it’s more comfortable and less of a cocoon, they’ll have open space either side of them. A very wide hammock slept in longitudinally can be claustrophobic with the sides coming up high and the children bunching up in the bottom. I’ve not tried it, but a cheap low tog duvet could easily by clipped underneath the centre where they’re lying.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Back in the late 80's I had a huge Mexican type hammock, I suspect the same as the Brazilian one you're talking about, we slept 4 of us in that ok...I'd forgotten about that :D

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The types you see at tropical resorts (the Mexican ones te al) They work best with spreader bars at both ends.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It is very amusing to see the XXL sized US tourists here in those hammocks on the beach.
White in the morning, Glow-in-the-dark pink in early afternoon.
Almost as XXL sized as the Mexicans (about 3 years ago Mexico passed us as the most obese nation)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
But they do not lose their heads about it......

And here I am, chasing Mexican made Coca Cola ( made with cane sugar) thinking it is healthier and less obesity inducing than the HFCS laden Coke made in the US.....

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
But they do not lose their heads about it......

And here I am, chasing Mexican made Coca Cola ( made with cane sugar) thinking it is healthier and less obesity inducing than the HFCS laden Coke made in the US.....
If you really wanna be healthy, add some rum to that coke.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I do. Zacapa XO. My favourite drink. But easy on the Coke, and no ice.
Also Z. 23/XO is nice with a splash of soda water.

I know Zapaca is not a ‘real’ rum, but a created one. A rum drink.
Nice and smooooth.
If I feel for a real rum, I like Barbancourt E.Reserve. Opposite from Z., dry, very dry.
I learned to appreciate Barbancourt while I spent a couple of months in Haiti during the revolution. Only drink I could source. I bought it in plastic jars from the factory.

The country had collapsed. I worked in a mission in Cite de Soleil. Gruesome times.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE