Opinions on the Helsport Pasvik 4-6 Lavvu

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
Afternoon All,

I am looking at the above as a treat to myself this Christmas. It appeals for a number of reasons, the size, and the fact that I can have a stove fitted for the winter are the most obvious.

Does anyone have one? Or something similar?

Just thinking, would this be safe to have a small open fire in it, as it has a top hat and a decent sized air vent, and a big 2 layer door with mesh net? This appeals as opposed to having to carry the stove.

If anyone has any advice or alternatives to suggest, please feel free.

Regards

Jordan

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I used to have the Helspot Varanger 4-6, great tipi, the Pasvik would be along the same lines I would have thought, I had a woodburner in mine and yes, they will take a small open fire.

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
It is a bell tent, not a lávvu/kåta as per definition of those.

It only has one central pole, a Same kåta/ lavvu has several alongside the perimeter.

Leave a small gap between the earth and tent on the wind side, and you will be absolutely fine with a small fire.
CO will then disperse quicker!

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
I've been meaning to come back and update this...

Okay, so I have now had three 4 day trips out in the Lavvu. And my thoughts? I don't think I could love it any more! Putting it up on my own in any wind can be a little challenging, but its doable with some determination! Its not that heavy, it packs away really easy, the pole and pegs are of fantastic quality, the Lavvu fabric itself seems very tough and durable yet lightweight. The top hat opening system works brilliantly. I have been out in this in the snow last week where temps must have dropped to atleast -6 degrees, and inside must have been 25 degrees plus. I woke up a few times too warm in my bag. For the money, for what it provides, for the size, and the number of people it will accommodate, its brilliant.

If your interested in seeing more of it, and the stove, have a look at my Instagram, jordansamfranklin.

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
I ended up with the 10-12 version, not the 4-6 in the end. When I looked at it up in the shop, and I considered the gear a few of us would need, it didn't feel big enough. The 10-12 is over 6.5m wide with the guy lines out, so it needs a good bit of space to pitch.

Jun 3, 2019
London
Hi all,

We have been very generously gifted a Hellsport Pasvik Lavvu 6-8 - although not quite the adventurous demographics it is intented for. We’re a family with 2 very young children, looking to camp at Festivals and for a few weekends here and there - very unlikely to ever have the stove in there. With the British weather beeing so unpredictable, we’re a little worried about being flooded in with the floor having such a large open area although it is closing off with velcros. For those of you with this tent and experiemented, would you take kids and baby and this tent and go camp in the middle of a field with it? We would totally trust its robustness, just really worried about water coming in. Any particular tricks, tips of what we can do to avoid that? We are considering whether giving it a go or reselling the tent while it’s new to buy a more conventional one. Loving the large dimensions and one room though. Any advice? Thank you, Marie

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
This is Alex and his family ( two young children) set up in the Helsport 8-10 Varanger.

Fantastic lavvus, I wouldn't worry about water flooding you out via the hood.

HTH

Attachments

• Set Up- Alex (2).JPG
    Set Up- Alex (2).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 25

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE