Snowmegadon UK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Frostmageddon here. Nice, crunchy frost that looks a bit like snow but has you on your posterior quick enough to surprise you.

Walking into work this morning I hit the top of a steep downhill and thought "this is not going to be good". So I kept off the footpath and walked right down the middle of the road.

Often the best way I find Human feet make a path slippy but for some reason a road with the same conditions (no gritting) is grippier.

Glad I'm not in the great lakes area. - 27C with strong winds. Advisory is to stay indoors because of a serious risk to life. Puts it all into perspective!

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
Had a fun cycle to work this morning. I took the xc forest route to avoid the icy roads...
d6bacb9423c230ad7cb4b892763ac0f1.jpg
5e0810fc5a8f86ceaadd7abe1529ac1d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
Same trail, later on the way home.

Just my tyre tracks from the morning, and the path of a rabbit or two. The only souls to make this passage today.
0793cc644c825e82edc1cf39a2c97937.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Woke to a dusting of snow. About a centimetre or so. All gone by midday. Senior kids had a snow day, there is mild panic buying in the co op. "Just stocking up" This time last year I was off grid in sweden. Minus 20 to 30 at night. Melting snow to wash and drink. A log fire between me and the cold. This is positively warm in comparison.when you jump in a snowdrift and it's deeper than you are tall thens the time to worry. My drumming class has been cancelled for tomorrow due to the non existent snow just in case. Goodness me!what's this place comming to! There's me going out and about saying what a lovely day (cold but sunny ) and everyone else is whinging about it. Find me a box of sanity someone ... please!

Reactions: Janne

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Woke up to the first snow of the year..Well just a dusting on the High Downland, mostly gone from the Southern face (where us sunshine boys live...:D... )by midday or just after but lingering along the Northern side.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
No snow in Cornwall today at all, the missus had me doing a bit of gardening, Dartmoor looked quite magical as normal.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Finaly! Snowmageddon is started it's snowing at last! Gently falling flakes my sled opened one eye and has gone back to sleep with the gentle admonition to wake it up later when it's deep enough. We are supposed to get several centimetres today and it's two hours early. I'm off out to scrape a snowball... but the kids are all back at school so no one to play with..dammed difficult to throw snowballs at yourself!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Well that was a real tease. I got all excited and it lasted about 10 minutes. Ah well I've made a stew lit the log burner and I'm back to knitting another pair of socks in front of the fire.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Kids got sent home early because the forecast is bad, well, good, but some think it's bad!
Fingers crossed, it's supposed to snow for the rest of the day, we'll see...

rich d2

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2019
Nottingham
Kids got sent home early because the forecast is bad, well, good, but some think it's bad!
Fingers crossed, it's supposed to snow for the rest of the day, we'll see...
Good luck, it’s been freezing fog and no snow so far pretty much all day in the midlands

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We've had a beautiful sunny day here. Bitter cold right enough, just scraped above 0˚C, but still and calm.
Dropped already to -3˚C though.
No snow, and blessedly the paths are clear of ice.

M

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Horizontal,driving snow in a bitter Northerly wind here. The reporters on the local radio station are almost beside themselves with excitement and have already broadcast that one of the 278,000 cars in the area has become stuck...well a lady drove it into a ditch actually, but hey! it's newsworthy....:D :D

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Horizontal,driving snow in a bitter Northerly wind here. The reporters on the local radio station are almost beside themselves with excitement and have already broadcast that one of the 278,000 cars in the area has become stuck...well a lady drove it into a ditch actually, but hey! it's newsworthy....:D :D

It’s cold right enough, but it’s not that I need to be told by delighted forecasters who haven’t forecast a scrap of it right yet. I’m glued to the forecast, just in case they tell me I need to put gloves on. I’ve got them right here beside me ready to deploy, AND a scarf! Reckon I’ve preempted them on the scarf thing. If the weather really does get cold, expect to see me on The Breakfast Show tomorrow where I’ll be offering tying methods. :rolleyes:

If I don’t roll my car exiting the drive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE