Looking for a copy of a 8th, 9th, 10th Century viking general purpose knife for re-enactment costume

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
My partner and I have joined a local Viking re-enactment group. I’m looking to buy her a general purpose knife (preferably complete with belt sheath) to wear during public events.. It doesn’t need to be decorated or elaborate, but more importantly it needs to be accurate to those time periods. No machine stitching or synthetic thread/materials incorporated.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Thanks crosslandkelly. I managed to buy a used/abused longseax (15” blade + 4” tang) from a LARP member for £10
I’m going to make a antler handle for it and give it to my Son to use as a fighting knife during viking re-enactments.
I’m still looking for two period quality blades or knives to use around camp.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I've always got blades that would suit knocking about (even pattern welded ones ), not often finished knives though. That said, i sometimes do on the run up to a reenactors' market. I can also dk them with periodcorrect materials if you like

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE