Bushcrafty Plans for 2019

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Are any of you planning on anything exciting in 2019?

I'd like to make more things and def get fitter and do a few more hills with my tarp and camera... That leads me on to the hope that I can become a better photographer this year.

We'll have three Moots this year and maybe some other stuff, I'm excited.

How about you?

Reactions: Anzia

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I'd like to walk the local river again with my boys, as we all enjoyed it last time, 1 day out, hammock camp, bit of food, then 1 day back again:). I reckon it'd take 4-5 days out and 4-5 back to do the whole thing, I'd really like that but it's too much time all in one lump to go off galavanting around having fun...

I now have a smart phone, so might be able to document my trips slightly better :)

Reactions: Woody girl

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
This year I will be putting more effort into my camp craft skills. Make a seat, cordage, that kind of thing.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrEd and Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I plan to try and get to the summer moot and of course wilderness gathering. Also a few wildcamps on the moor. Get better at flint and steel firelighting. Slim down my pack and take less stuff which is difficult as I do need more comfort nowadays. I'd like to get fitter but with my spinal problems that will be a challenge. I'd like to do a long distance walk (some hope) like the camino or two moors way.....dreams!

Reactions: MrEd

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I go out plenty into the woods and just walk and enjoy the outdoors but I want to do more camps etc.

I also want to get back into leatherwork, and other crafts again.

Would be good to revive this thread in a years time and see who has actually done what :)

Clayze

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2018
West Sussex
Cutting a couple of hazel thumb sticks with my son for starters. We'll be making some budget lures (flounder spoons) using cheap cutlery from various sources and have a little think about some trips out so that we can actually use them.
Wild garlic is always on the agenda...wonderful with lashings of extra virgin olive oil, not going to make too many new friends if I over indulge though. Also this year we really must get to grips with nettles!

Reactions: MrEd

Bionic

Forager
Mar 21, 2018
Bomber county
I’m in a similar boat to Kepis. My main aim is to try and regain my health enough to get out and about. Unfortunately that’s not looking too hopeful at the moment so failing that it’s to try and improve my whittling and knife making skills as well as a few nights out (even if it’s only in the garden) with my 7&2 year olds :)

Reactions: Anzia and Kepis

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
Hope to get fitter. Will be visiting the Ogwen Valley quite a lot, find it relaxing as well as a good work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I just want to get to the summer Bushmoot.

(Seeing as I have a mountain of kit I want to sell)

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I'll be focusing on basket weaving, walking and then I've got some fleeces to process (for spinning, nålbindning and felting).

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Fingers crossed for a couple of multi-day hikes this summer and have found a couple of nicely isolated spots close to home for everything else. There's shed loads to to do in the shed as always, there may even be a brief appearance of my ancient AVO-8 meter for a Steampunk project.

Reactions: Anzia and MrEd

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Just more of this:
http://s32.photobucket.com/user/kle...1-402a-a7e5-f14444b48c8c_zpspagx0ewu.jpg.html
a3b9ddcf-4401-402a-a7e5-f14444b48c8c_zpspagx0ewu.jpg.html

K

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
Same as i told myself last January, at least one night camping out a month is my challenge. I ended up not camping at all this past year, so not hard to beat.
And more cycling..never done any of that either.

Reactions: Anzia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE