Spoon Auger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Finally got to play with my new toy today, i commissioned this auger from Dave Budd ages ago, but as it was for my birthday, i wasnt allowed to play until the day, well the weather and my health were not conducive to a play on the day, so today it was.

Great tool, razor sharp and i think its going to be a real boon in the workshop for making all manner of pots, i just need to get the technique right for using it as my dexterity is shocking at the moment and ive previously only ever used augers with lead screws, still learning to use the tool is all part of the fun.

20181220_144020 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

20181220_144035 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

20181220_144027 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

20181220_145251 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
getting one made for you is about the only way to acquire one I think I have never seen one have been looking for one for ages..

That's the conclusion i came to as well, I had been looking for one for ages and never saw any, then was looking at Dave Budd's website one day and saw he was making them, so got one on order from him.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
glad to see you back to making things again and getting to grips with the auger :) They do take some getting used to, but as you can cut on both the back and forth stroke, they are pretty handy with odd grain and since nothing I make is 100% symmetrical you are able to make different shaped cuts with each side ;) Also, you can open the hole up as a cone that is at least as wide as the blade is long, so a smaller auger will make short work of a larger pot ;) You might find drilling a pilot hole helps get it shifting along too

Reactions: Kepis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE