Surplus clothing that's similar to civilian clothing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Older surplus kit in olive green etc.. can look alright.

Personally i think that you should just stick with modern civvie clothing. Although i do like my furry swedish army hat, dutch mitts and an old german parka., classy me.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
The fleece shirt, the buffalo clone and the ecw jacket all come in a muted mustard khaki colour that avoids looking olive drab. They work well, covering your posterior for wind chill. The ecw jacket has a great big map pocket ideal for your left hand, and both have a hidden hood which is quite handy.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
German underwear exists in oliv or mustard. They have a light sweater too.

That's good quality.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
For the Swedish Afrika Korps was constructed Ullfrotte Woolpower 400, isn't it?

;0)

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
The british softie (jacket and trousers) don´t look very militaristic despite the green colour.

s-l300.jpg

Reactions: Erbswurst

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
How about a Navy Pea Coat?

s-l1000.jpg

Campaign hat (also known as: Mounty Hat -- Boy Scout hat -- D.I.'s hat)

Campaign-Hat-Images.jpg

Air Force Rain Coat (also known as a "trench coat" and used by the Navy and Army in black color)

s-l1000.jpg

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
And do you know where we can buy them in original quality?

I know at the market only ÖBH Feldjacke leicht (Goretex) and the older Feldjacke which is heavier, not water proof, and very similar to US Army M65.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Im not sure mate as with all surplus the original stocks soon run out but theres some good reproductions out there.

The one i own is a brandit m65 jacket and ive had it for about 6 or 7 years n its still going strong, i still wear it regularly and its just got better with age, i still wear it on the town when im fairly dressed up.

I cut the hood out though because it was atrocious and while it does keep most of the wind off and comes with a toasty liner (i dont use) its not a foul weather jacket but makes a brilliant all year round outer layer on its own.

But theres better reproductions out there, i think tru spec do one in a proper 50/50 nyco mix thats up to milspec standards and supposedly is very good quality, or so ive heard. Think it's truspec not 100% sure. Best bet is shop around and when you find one that sounds good to you try it out.

I can say that the brandit ones are brilliant though i love mine, the sleeves run long for me though but i roll the cuffs up one fold and it looks even better and tidier in my opinion.

I can probably take a photo or two for you when i get back from the pub so you can see

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
When the army was peace keeping in Bosnia, the local interpreters were issued dpm to blend in. Of all the kit issued only the jhw aka the wooly pooley was truly of use.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Alpha Industries was one of the original suppliers of the M65 and they still have it in production ---- not really a "reproduction" as they were a genuine suppliers and are still making it to the most recent specs. Not really "surplus" either though as they haven't been issued in over a decade.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE