New Meals...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The russki bush forum below your post is disabled. Any better links?

A variation of the raclette is using the finnish Leipääjusto or cypriotic Halloumi.

But the Swiss cheeses are so much more tastier!

tamoko

Jun 28, 2009
Zuerich
bushcraftru.com
The russki bush forum below your post is disabled. Any better links?

A variation of the raclette is using the finnish Leipääjusto or cypriotic Halloumi.

But the Swiss cheeses are so much more tastier!
You can use any your favorite cheeses to grill like raclette.
Russki bush forum is disabled because of a lack of interest. After six years I do not see any sense to run this forum. Most Russian found the term bushcraft is far too strange or for many people just unnecessary expensive hobby.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Off beat cook books help. Tabasco moved theirs to online. Krinos sent me a 1" wad of stuff, so did Patak's.
Got an almost literal translation of an Italian pasta book (A+). Found a very good Quinoa book.
Game cookbooks are not uncommon here but you have to search. My own book is still under 300 entries.
I'm afraid that Middle Eastern tastes wonderful but works like a grenade in my guts. Not any more.

"Kill It and Grill It" is a classic from Ted Nugent. Looks like Shemane was the one to actually sit down and write out some recipes.
I've used it a lot for bison which is so low fat like other big game. Then, read it, cover-to-cover, for The Nuge's hunting stories.
Ch 15: Hasenpfeffer by Glock is a great piece of comedy writing. They donate most of their game harvest to charities.

There are the tricks. Nutmeg jacks up Alfredo, Mornay, Rafaello and 4-Cheese sauces.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
The World thinks british cuisine is horrible..

I don't know about that. Will you be saying that British people have the worst teeth in the world too, Janne? Or accept the stereotype that Swedes have no sense of humour :lol:

Overwhelmingly (well, not quite :)), the celeb chefs I see on cable here in the US and Canada have English accents

Last edited:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Ok, I'm looking for some nice winter warmer recipes.

I'm trying to expand my range of meal options so I'm looking for the sort of thing you love to make or your mum made for you. Preferably quick simple meals that need 1 or two pots and could be done on a campfire if I want. Mind you, I'm not averse to doing nice long slow cooked meals either :)

Want to share anything?

Anything in this lot that you're going to try?

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
This will tenderize just about and cheap tough cuts. You can't rush it = long, low and slow does the breakdown.

Wine Braised Red Meats (beef, bison, venison, goose, etc.)
Chop and trim 3lbs meat into 1-2" cubes
In an oven pot:
2 cans Campbell's condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can of cheap red wine
1 can cheap white wine (2 cans of red might get you purple meat.)
1 packet dried onion soup mix
3 minced cloves garlic
1 tsp each thyme, oregano, black pepper
> stir to mix and add the meat, stir again to cover the meat chunks.
>cook covered 2 hours @ 300F, don't fool with it.
>last hour: handfuls of any veg you like.
After 3 hours, serve it up in wide soup plates with bread.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
For a really simple soup, i picked up tesco soup mix vegetables, using veg stock pot with water led to the quickest soup ever. Throw in some buttered rolls and saturday night tea was quick simple and no mess. I reckon one bag made 4 bowls of soup, bottle of lea & perrins instead of tobasco added flavour.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE