Dear santa. .....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Well it's nearly THAT time of year again. My daughter asked me what I wanted for Christmas and to be honest I couldn't think of a thing that didn't cost a fortune,so I thought it would be fun to have a fantasy list. Here's mine.
A Canadian canoe
A camper van
A log cabin in the woods.
A housekeeper
A chainsaw
What would be on your list? Money no object.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
BLEEX (Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton)
for those trips where you just have to take all the toys with you
Berkeley-Exo-HR.jpg

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
My family is spread so far apart that gifts easily cost less than the shipping.
We celebrate the Winter Solstice so Gift certificates for Food and Drink are easy to mail.
Plus, those don't fill up anybody's house.
Take me out for supper.

Canadian canoe, say a 16'? Get into the Hudson's Bay Company website and feast your peepers on the HBC canoe.
Sit down before you look at the price. I've seen one for real. Everything you can imagine.

We still get our HBC woolen blankets milled in England. Nothing else like them on earth.
No better wedding present to be found. I'd like to have a 6 pt (queen-size).

Bionic

Forager
Mar 21, 2018
Bomber county
Those all sound good to me!

It sounds daft but I find Christmas quite stressful because of the pressure of finding things that I can get people to buy me! I'm quite happy to get nothing!!
I can completely empathise with that frame of mind, it would be so much less stressful to say I don’t want anything and in turn I won’t give anything. It always seems daft to me you spend £££s buying stuff that other people probably don’t really want and get stuff you don’t really want in return. It would be much more simple if everyone just bought what they fancied and skipped all the palaver! Anyway bah humbug to the lot of you :)

Reactions: Woody girl

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Leica Ultravid 8x20 binocular
New skis and AT bindings
MSR Lightning snowshoes
A decent Islay
Haflinger slippers
Airbrake goggles
Arquiste Parfumer Nanban
A collected works of James Schuyler
Pre Xmas tickets to see Rene Jacobs conduct something

Fat chance on the above, but I do need a new Bison Guide shirt ... this one needs patching soon

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I know how you bah humbugs feel. I too am fed up with all the useless waste of money gifts. That is why I couldn't think of anything. As I said the only things I would like are way out of reach. That's why it's a fantasy list. A bit of wacky fun. No bah humbugs please unless you want the grinch to visit:biggrin:
Leica Ultravid 8x20 binocular
New skis and AT bindings
MSR Lightning snowshoes
A decent Islay
Haflinger slippers
Airbrake goggles
Arquiste Parfumer Nanban
A collected works of James Schuyler
Pre Xmas tickets to see Rene Jacobs conduct something

Fat chance on the above, but I do need a new Bison Guide shirt ... this one needs patching soon
I can afford the needles and thread:D

Reactions: Billy-o

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Give Gift Cards! I don't know how many times I've been so happy with a GC to buy what I want, to buy what I need.
I've bought everything from tools and toys to food. In fact, I'll spend some tonight on a BIG take-away pizza, built exactly as I like.

Reactions: Hbc

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Give Gift Cards! I don't know how many times I've been so happy with a GC to buy what I want, to buy what I need.
I've bought everything from tools and toys to food. In fact, I'll spend some tonight on a BIG take-away pizza, built exactly as I like.
I'll take a gift card for a laptop and a year's worth of Internet access and computer lessons!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Computers. Lessons. I need those, too. Hard copy reference notes for reminders.

I found a shop that refurbishes trade-ins from the people who always NEED the latest and the greatest.
My computer needs are not very sophisticated, no games just forums and news stuff.
As a result, I can afford some really whiz-bang equipment!
The last of the tower machines and they really hum right along.
Price-wise, I think I spend no more than 25% of top new prices.

Here, it's new winter outer clothing, gloves, mittens, coats, pants, toques and so on.
Right now, the selection could not be better as all the stock is in for the snowmobile season.
My village and the surrounding district is #1 in North America for sledding. Five heliski companies fly out of here.
Avalungs are selling well, so are Pieps avalanche beacons. NOX boost refills are pricey.

I'd be happy with a GC for a day riding around the alpine in a Tucker Sno-Cat with the X-C skiiers.
I'd be happy with a GC for a day riding around in an 8-dog sled. Yup, you can do that here.

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
My family is spread so far apart that gifts easily cost less than the shipping.
We celebrate the Winter Solstice so Gift certificates for Food and Drink are easy to mail.
Plus, those don't fill up anybody's house.
Take me out for supper.

Canadian canoe, say a 16'? Get into the Hudson's Bay Company website and feast your peepers on the HBC canoe.
Sit down before you look at the price. I've seen one for real. Everything you can imagine.

We still get our HBC woolen blankets milled in England. Nothing else like them on earth.
No better wedding present to be found. I'd like to have a 6 pt (queen-size).

I tried to google the company but all I got was thebay.com, and the most expensive thing on the site when I searched for canoe was a printed cotton apron for $28

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I am surprised at that, being a British enterprise for several centuries.
The 6 pt blankets are $500 CDN + shipping, delivered to me.
Much of the world gets HBC blankets milled by the sole licensee: Pendleton/Oregon/USA.
Here, we get all the good British woolens (Sheffield? Yorkshire? I forget).

The HBC canoe (white with the yellow/red/green/indigo colors) is about $5,000.00
I want one really badly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE