thermorest Neo air

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Hi Jimbo

I have been running one for the last 4 years. I’m a big bloke and I have used it regularly bivvied on the ground.

Don’t be dumb sticking it down on sharp stuff and in my experience you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: shaneh

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
A good idea is to run your hands carefully over the ground.
I have used a similar ( but different brand) UL mat for years, they last very well.
It gave up this summer.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
It should come with a field repair kit. This will cover you for most punctures you're likely to get.

My camping buddy got a puncture in his on our last trip and we repaired it quickly and easily. The curse of air mats is that you're constantly paranoid about them - seeing this work so well certainly put my mind at ease on that score. So even if you do get a puncture, it's not the end of the world. There are videos on YouTube demonstrating using the kit.

By the way, his was punctured not by something on the ground, but by a small spring that had come out of something.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Me too. Had one for a few years with no issues. Like above though, never lay it on the ground, under any circumstances, without protection. Its too expensive a risk. They do feel rather flimsy, and when you first shift your weight, or turn over on one, you may grimace, expecting it to pop.
A pin ***** of a puncture is easy enough to remedy with the supplied kit. Don't rely on the health of the glue though, especially if its been in your kit for a few years. Change it regularly, which is cheap enough to do.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
another +1 for the xlite, don't make the same mistake I did though and just pay the extra few quid for the full length one, it's definitely worth it, I'd much rather have the full length but I'm stuck with the 3/4

Buy the full length and you will be fine. Had mine years and although they feel a bit flimsy and are louder than a bucket of frogs rolling in crisp packets mine has never punctured.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE