Facelift for my old SAK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
I love the look of kirinite, so snapped up some pen turning blanks when I was in Axminster tools last weekend.

Decided to tart up my battered old EDC.

From this:
20180919_233052_zpswrccj8rd.jpg

... to this:
20181007_235714_zpsoi2awgra.jpg

It came out so well I thought of putting a few together for sale, but unsure of current standing with the law & shipping etc.

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
Nice one, looks good. Perfectly legal to post and ship, so don’t worry about that.

Thank you. I've been looking for any updates on the new distance selling / delivery rules but can't find anything recent or detailed. Does that mean that the usual edc legal, <3" non-locking are exempt?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thank you. I've been looking for any updates on the new distance selling / delivery rules but can't find anything recent or detailed. Does that mean that the usual edc legal, <3" non-locking are exempt?

They are, fixed blade and lock knives are also legal to post. For now.

Reactions: greencloud

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
That's a good job that. Not my cup of tea mind you, but can appreciate the aesthetics. Did you get the tweezers and pick in too? You say you were at axminsters... how were you able to resist spending vast amounts of money? I'm lucky I don't live near their store.

Reactions: greencloud

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
That's a good job that. Not my cup of tea mind you, but can appreciate the aesthetics. Did you get the tweezers and pick in too? You say you were at axminsters... how were you able to resist spending vast amounts of money? I'm lucky I don't live near their store.

Thank you. I didn't go to the extent of cutting out slots for the tweezers & pick though. I lost those years ago and don't miss them!

Axminster isn't good for my wallet. First time in I went for 2 bandsaw blades and came out with a belt & disc sander! This time I did OK, went in for some gflex epoxy, chuck to fix my drill press and some abrasives, and only spent the extra £13 on the acrylic blanks.

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
Nice. How are the scales on a SAK?

Victorinox scales clip on, there are a load of vids online of people upgrading to translucent / black etc.

My old ones had some sort of glue in, but they're formed with a lip around most edges so I think they clip on too. This isn't a victorinox though, its a draper knock off - though I must say, I've been gifted many really cheap and nasty fake SAK's but this one is very good quality for the price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE